- 1.The Best Ways to Download YouTube Playlist to MP3 or WAV
- 2.How to Take Audio from a Video on Windows/Mac/iPhone/Android
- 3.Free Facebook Video Downloader for PC in Windows 10/8/7
- 4.How to Download Instagram Videos/Pictures on iPhone
- 5.Top 7 Best SoundCloud MP3 Downloaders That Worth Your Time
- 6.Instagram Reel Downloaders Review: Top 5 Options
Top Best YouTube HD Video Downloaders for Mac
Sofia Albert updated on Feb 14, 2023 to Video & Audio Downloading
The benefits of installing a YouTube HD video downloader on a Mac you can take advantage of are more than you can imagine. The most significant benefit is that you can watch and download any high-quality video for offline watching whenever you want. Besides that, you can also share downloaded videos with your friends or use them for your project. Anyway, you can do whatever you want with the downloaded videos. But remember not to download or distribute copy-protected videos or music, which is illegal.
Now, let's review the best HD YouTube video downloaders for Mac.
Top 1. EaseUS Video Downloader - Safe & Quick
Platform: Windows, macOS
EaseUS Video Downloader is the top-rated video downloader that lets you download videos of different qualities, ranging from HD to 4K and 8K. It supports various video-sharing websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Dailymotion, Twitch, etc. In addition to videos, you can download songs, playlists, channels, and live videos from the listed sites. To learn more about this video downloader, check its capabilities below.
- Download YouTube videos in 8K, 4K, 1080P, or 720P
- Save videos from 1000+ popular sites
- Download videos from an entire channel or playlist on YouTube
- Download videos in MP3 or WAV format
- Save live streams from YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok
To download HD videos from YouTube:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Video Downloader, put the URL of the YouTube video into the address bar, and then click "Search."
Step 2. The video downloader will parse teh video URL. Check whether it is the target video and then click "Download."
Step 3. Select the format and quality you need and click "Download" to start converting the YouTube video to MP4.
Step 4. Wait for the downloading process to finish. Afterward, you can check the video by clicking "Open."
Disclaimer: EaseUS does not advocate saving any copyrighted content from YouTube for commercial or other illegal intentions. Before you download videos, you'd better check whether it's legal to download YouTube videos.
Top 2. 4K Video Downloader for Mac
As its name implies, the 4K Video Downloader is a free and open-source video grabber that focuses on saving high-quality videos up to 8K and 4K and HD. It supports almost all popular video sites like Vimeo, SoundCloud, Facebook, DailyMotion, etc. Unlike other video downloaders, this video downloader allows you to download private YouTube content, 3D videos, and 360° videos. Besides, if the internet services trap you, this downloader can bypass internet restrictions and get around your school or workplace firewall.
Though this program offers a free version, which doesn't allow multiple downloads if you want to try such a tool, get one downloaded on your computer and start downloading.
Top 3. Video DownloadHelper
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux, Firefox, Google Chrome
Video DownloadHelper is a lightweight HD video downloader that allows you to download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, and many other video-sharing sites. As a browser extension, it works well with almost all systems, including PCs and Macs that have browsers installed. Besides, it has a help forum, which can help you solve various problems using this extension.
However, everything has two sides, Video DonloaderHelper is of no except. The biggest problem with this downloader is that you can't pause or resume the download process as you desire. If your progress bar is stuck at 99%, you may have no other way to continue the progress.
If you're interested in this program, you can download it on your computer and try it.
Top 4. SaveTube
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux, Firefox, Google Chrome
SaveTube is a free and powerful online YouTube video downloader that allows you to save YouTube videos in various resolutions, including 4K, 2K, FHD, HD, etc. You can also choose to download videos without sounds or download sounds only. It supports downloading videos, playlists, and channels from 100+ websites. Unlike other online services, it has no ads or annoying popups. If you prefer an easy and quick way to download high-quality videos, don't miss this online video downloader.
But before going for it, some important notices should be concerned.
- Firstly, clicking on the blank area of this downloader's page may redirect you to another page.
- Secondly, the HD videos will be downloaded in WEBM format instead of MP4.
FAQ About HD Video Downloader
To help you and many other users figure out more questions about the HD Video Downloader, here are some frequently asked questions you may be interested in.
1. Is HD Video Downloader Safe?
Generally, it is safe to use an HD video downloader, whether an online-based downloading service or a computer-based downloader app. But do not click on ads or popups that come with a downloader because it may come with viruses, which may get your device infected.
2. Which video downloader is best for Mac?
That depends. Usually, a desktop-based video downloader is better than an online downloading service or browser extension. That is mainly because the desktop-based downloader has:
1. More stable and safe operation system, which makes video downloader easier and quicker.
2. A straightforward user interface. Online video downloaders may be full of ads and popups, which usually puts a user at a loss.
3. More features. The features of a desktop-based downloader offer much more than other kinds of downloaders.
4. Faster speed. Most desktop-based downloaders have advanced GPU-accelerated technology, which allows you to download videos in minutes.
5. Higher quality. Due to some restrictions, online downloading services don't support downloading high-quality videos, especially 4K or 8K.
We guess you've learned how to choose a suitable video downloader for your Mac.
3. Why Won't an HD Video Downloader Work on My Mac?
Usually, these problems might be caused by a bug in your video downloader or operating system. If you have antivirus/firewalls apps installed, they may also force close your apps. When encountering this problem, you'll need to check if it is blacked-listed by your firewall/antivirus software. If it doesn't work, try reinstalling the software or rebooting your device.
The Bottom Line
These are all recommendations for HD video downloaders. Each of these downloaders has pros and cons for downloading videos. And each of them meets different needs for video downloads. You can choose the right one based on your requirement.