Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Myra joined EaseUS in 2017. As a big fan of Apple products, she mainly focuses on iOS data transfer and iOS troubleshooting tips. Meanwhile, she is expanding her knowledge and skills in other fields like data recovery and disk management. Myra is open-minded and likes both extensive and intensive reading. Other than reading and writing, she is also fond of mobile games and K-pop stars.…Read full bio
Thank you, dear reader, for taking the time to read my articles and for visiting the EaseUS website. I hope you find my articles are helpful. Have a nice day!…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses are aimed at providing more instructive information to users.…Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to multimedia tools including screen recording, voice changing, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data security, including articles about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.…Read full bio
Gorilla joined EaseUS in 2022. As a smartphone lover, she stays on top of Android unlocking skills and iOS troubleshooting tips. In addition, she also devotes herself to data recovery and transfer issues.…Read full bio
"Hi readers, I hope you can read my articles with happiness and enjoy your multimedia world!"…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, multimedia, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on related issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Dawn Tang is a seasoned professional with a year-long record of crafting informative Backup & Recovery articles. Currently, she's channeling her expertise into the world of video editing software, embodying adaptability and a passion for mastering new digital domains.…Read full bio
Sasha is a girl who enjoys researching various electronic products and is dedicated to helping readers solve a wide range of technology-related issues. On EaseUS, she excels at providing readers with concise solutions in audio and video editing.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
YouTube is a streaming site that allows users to watch videos and movies. With its platform, most users can also apply to upload videos made on their own to earn some part-time money. Some record their daily lives, and some make re-creation of videos. In situations like re-creation, YouTubers may need to download some videos as the source material to manage it. Now, you maybe wondering whether you can download YouTube videos or not. Is it legal to download? Are there some of the best download managers for YouTube videos?
Don't worry. This post will answer your questions one by one. Read through the content below, and you will surely find the answers you need.
We frequently encounter questions regarding the legality of downloading YouTube videos to a computer. This does tend to be a rather gray area, both legally and morally. Before downloading any YouTube video, you need to keep in mind that YouTube tends to take a very dim view of people downloading videos from the platform onto other storage media.
- If you just want to download these videos for your own personal use, you can download them onto your computer. As long as you pay heed to the copyrights of YouTube videos and refrain from using them for commercial purposes (unless they have a Creative Commons license), you're going to be fine.
To help you download videos from YouTube, we have compiled a list of the best free download managers for YouTube videos and will be sharing them with you in this post. Also, in order to assure you of the credibility of our recommendations, we've conducted comprehensive tests on these options, with the results of our investigations being laid out for you to peruse.
Here are the 5 best free download managers for YouTube videos you can get on your PC. Let's take a look at them and see what they have to offer. Before going into the details of each product, here is a comparison table to help you choose the most suitable download manager for YouTube videos.
|EaseUS Video Downloader||$23.99/year, provide free trial||🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴|
|Free Download Manager||Free||🔴🔴🔴⚫⚫|
|4K Video Downloader||€15/year||🔴🔴🔴⚫⚫|
|Freemake Video Downloader||Free with watermark||🔴🔴🔴⚫⚫|
With the EaseUS Video Downloader, you can enter a world of seamless video downloading. This versatile tool is accessible on both Windows and Mac platforms, catering to a broad spectrum of users. Renowned for its intuitive interface, it offers a streamlined experience that even novices will appreciate. Beyond simplicity, the EaseUS Video Downloader boasts exceptional efficiency. It's engineered to retrieve videos from YouTube swiftly and a range of other platforms, ensuring your offline viewing experience is top-notch. These are just some of the main reasons why we recommend this tool as the best free download manager for downloading videos from YouTube.
- Support downloading multiple YouTube videos together
- You can download it from many different websites
- Convert movies to MP3 format with built-in converter
- Has a quick search feature built-in
- A free version is only available on a trial basis
🔎Supporting File Formats:
- MP3, MP4, M4V, MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV, MPEG, FLV, WEBM, MTS, etc.
For the second name on this list, allow us to introduce you to the Free Download Manager, an impressive cross-platform tool compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux. This manager isn't just about accelerating downloads; it's a comprehensive suite of features designed to enhance your downloading experience. Whether you're aiming for efficiency or seeking versatility, the Free Download Manager has got you covered. The ability to manage torrents and initiate remote downloads via a mobile app adds an extra layer of convenience.
- Totally free
- Has tools to manage downloads
- Can download videos via torrent, too
- No dedicated privacy feature is available
- Doesn't support some popular formats like WMV, MOV, etc.
- It may not be compatible with your antivirus tool and cause false alarms
🔎Supporting File Formats:
- MP4, MKV, MP3, WAV, AVI, FLAC
If the previous two tools didn't tickle your fancy, you can download high-quality videos with the 4K Video Downloader. This powerful software, compatible with Windows, Mac, and even Ubuntu, specializes in capturing videos in their finest glory. But it's not just about the pixels – the 4K Video Downloader boasts a user-friendly interface that transforms the technical process of downloading into a seamless endeavor. With support for subtitles and a Smart Mode for swift downloads, it's an excellent choice for those who value both quality and convenience.
- Have a premium version
- Allow to download from various websites
- Easy to use
- Private browser for secure downloading
- The free version has a watermark
- The free version can't download videos with high-resolution
🔎Supporting File Formats:
- MP4, MKV
For the fourth place on this list, we're introducing the SnapDownloader – a versatile tool available for Windows and Mac. While its primary focus is downloading content from YouTube, it extends its prowess to numerous other platforms, making it a go-to solution for the multi-source enthusiast. Picture this: seamless 8K video downloads, a bulk download option for the efficiency-driven, and an impressive array of supported platforms. If you're looking for a download manager with broader horizons, SnapDownloader is here to deliver.
- Can download videos up to 8K in resolution
- Can convert downloaded files into different formats
- Can convert videos to MP3 soundtracks
- Dedicated download manager
- Has a private browser for secure downloading
- It's not fully free.
- Requires premium subscription to access certain features like bulk download, etc.
- Compatibility issues with older versions of macOS and Windows
🔎Supporting File Formats:
- MP4, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, MOV, AVI
Last but certainly not least, let's dive into the world of Freemake Video Downloader – a software gem available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Simplicity is its hallmark, making it a favored choice among those seeking a fuss-free approach to video downloading. Beyond the straightforward interface lies a versatile tool that captures videos and converts them into various formats. However, do note that updates might be sporadic, and batch downloads might occasionally face glitches.
- User-friendly interface,
- The ability to convert videos to MP3
- Can download videos from a wide range of platforms
- Has both free and paid versions
- Available on macOS, Windows, and Linux
- Supports various formats.
- The free version has a watermark
- The free version can only download videos shorter than 3 minutes
🔎Supporting File Formats:
- MP4, MP3, AVI, WMV, MPG, WebM, 3Gp
Selecting the perfect download manager is akin to choosing a tailored suit – it needs to fit your requirements and preferences seamlessly. Here's a broader spectrum of factors to consider, along with our recommendations based on the aforementioned options:
- Ease of Use: If an intuitive experience is paramount, consider EaseUS Video Downloader or Freemake Video Downloader. These tools have prioritized user-friendliness, ensuring that even those less tech-savvy can easily navigate the process.
- Download Speed and Quality: For those who prioritize both speed and high-quality video download from Facebook and other sites, 4K Video Downloader and SnapDownloader have shown remarkable results in our tests.
- Advanced Features: For tech enthusiasts who like to tinker with advanced settings, Free Download Manager is your go-to choice. Its support for torrents and remote control through a mobile app adds an extra layer of functionality.
- Conversion Capabilities: If you're interested in downloading and want to convert videos into different formats, Freemake Video Downloader is designed with this versatility in mind.
- Platform Compatibility: A versatile option like EaseUS Video Downloader might be your best bet if you want to download videos from other streaming sites. Support for various platforms allows you to explore content from a wider array of sources.
Now you know how to choose the most suitable YouTube video download management tool for you. For your benefit, you can read the passage below to see a full guide on downloading videos on YouTube if you don't have its subscription:
If you want to watch YouTube videos offline without Premium, this guide collects some workarounds that can help you download them to your device, be it a smartphone, PC, or Mac.
In the modern landscape of digital content consumption, download managers have evolved into indispensable tools. Amidst the vast array of choices available for the title of the best free download manager for YouTube videos, EaseUS Video Downloader emerges as a well-rounded option, seamlessly combining efficiency, adaptability, and user-friendliness. It can also help you with downloading videos with subtitles. However, the ideal choice depends on your unique preferences and requirements. You can just as easily choose any of the other tools that we have recommended in this post. That's not to say that you can't go for any other option, but these are the best free download managers for YouTube videos that we have found after detailed testing.
1. What is the Best YouTube Downloader for Free?
The finest free YouTube downloader varies based on individual preferences. However, considering our rigorous evaluations, EaseUS Video Downloader takes the lead.
2. Why Can't I Download YouTube Videos Offline?
YouTube's terms of service prohibit the downloading of videos for commercial purposes. Offline downloads are generally meant for personal use.
3. How to Download YouTube Videos for Free Download Manager?
The process is simple: install your chosen download manager, copy the video's URL from YouTube, paste it into the manager, configure your download preferences, and initiate the download. Always ensure you comply with copyright regulations when using downloaded content.