Top 6 Best Video Converter Free Download of 2022
Jane Zhou updated on Sep 26, 2022 to Video Converter Tips
There are several reasons why you may need a video converter for free download, some of which are:
- Want to extract and convert videos from social media platforms
- Edit and convert videos to upload on platforms like YouTube
- Alter the size of a given video
- Enhance the quality of a video
- Make the video compatible with many devices and players
No matter what your reason is, a good video converter can help you a lot. However, although there are lots of video converters on the market, most of them cannot be available for free download. Given that, we have collected and will share with you the 6 most chosen and popular video converting software on this page.
1. EaseUS Video Converter
When it comes to changing video formats, you can never miss EaseUS Video Converter - a simple yet powerful video converter for free download.
This software supports almost all common video formats and enables you to transfer the video file to your desired formats without any hassle. No matter your video is in HD, 2K, 4K, or even 8K, this powerful video converting software can handle it effortlessly.
In addition, it supports bulk conversion, which means you are able to convert more than one file simultaneously. Also, some output video and audio settings are available, including changing video FPS, encoder, resolution, etc. Last but not least, the converted file will not lose any quality, and it will look the same as the original one.
- Clean and straightforward interface
- Support more than 1000 video and audio formats
- Convert audio to video/audio in no time
- Support video resolution up to 8K
- Only available for Windows
2. NCH Prism
The impressive number of features that the NCH Prism video converter offers are unparalleled. It enables conversion and editing through and along with video formats, along with the option of adding text, filters, and watermarks. The preview option helps you to access your file and see the edges it may be lacking. You can import your files, convert them, and split and cut them for downloads.
Moreover, NCH Prism supports individual or batch conversion of files, with the lossless encoding keeping the video quality intact. Other features like shrinking video size, converting videos to a specific size for the output file, and setting compressor and encoder rates make the NCH Prism video converter a popular and more favorable choice.
- High-quality playbacks and supports videos for internal downloads
- Converts files from and to DVD easily
- Allows for conversion of files without extracting them
- Allows to adjust and change the quality of the sound for the desired output
- The free version checks if you are using commercial data quite often, which may be annoying
- The ads and pop-ups in the free version can also lead you to unsafe websites
Price: The price can vary from $24.99-$34.99 for the two different versions available for a single PC.
Compatibility: It is compatible with devices like Android, iPhone, Windows, Xbox, and macOS.
There are a lot of free download video converters available. The feature that sets the Hand Brake converter apart from other converting assistance is that you can use it for free and open sources.
The features include batch code and queueing of codes. While converting, you can also add subtitles and closed captions. In addition, the converter also supports VFR and CFR along with video filtering. The live static and video preview enables you to access the video for recent changes and make any that you would like. That is its unique point, a holistic approach.
- It allows quick conversion in several video formats
- It does not use much storage, which means you can easily keep it on your PC
- It is compatible with DVDs and Blue-Ray
- The user interface is complicated to understand due to many configuration options
- It is not available in a vast variety of languages
Price: Completely free
Compatibility: Compatible with Windows, Linux, and macOS.
4. VSDC Free Video Converter
Like Handbrake, VSDC Free Video Converter is another open source video converter, which is also available for free download. This program supports AVI, DVD, MPG, and other video formats, so you can easily change one video format into another.
Additionally, it is a non-linear video editing program that enables you to edit the videos as you like before converting. With its help, you can split screen, make picture in picture video, adjust the color correction, and apply other motion graphics.
All in all, this freeware is a versatile video converter with a bunch of supplemental functions. Not only does it deliver a superior quality of conversion, but it also provides a range of options to edit your videos.
- Every video processing tool is at your fingertips
- Visuals that are simply amazing
- Text processing that works
- Converting tools for professionals aren't included
- There isn't a tool for video stabilization
- In timeline converter mode, there is no view
Price: Completely free
Compatibility: Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 9, and 10.
5. ByClick Downloader
Suppose you are looking for a video converter with several other editing outputs apart from the straight-up conversion element, then ByClick is your friend. It is a free, powerful, and efficient downloader that allows quick video conversion to MP3, FLV, WAV, 3GP, MP4, AVI, WEBM, and WMV format.
You do not have to worry about the quality as this converter also has a feature of HD converting. Except for that, it is also considered as the YouTube video downloading software that lets you download YouTube videos in a few minutes.
- Allows conversion of files into different formats, which helps edit the videos in a way that will better the output
- It supports several video sites like Facebook video downloader, YouTube Video Downloader, and many more
- You can not only download a single YouTube video, but an entire playlist or a channel
- The conversion rate might slow down due to heavy file size
- Older versions might force you to buy the premium version of the converter
Price: $19.99 per year for a single PC.
Compatibility: Ideal for Windows.
6. AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate
The AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate is another powerful tool that allows you to convert movies and music from DVDs, YouTube, and other sources to practically any file type you choose.
With its help, you can convert almost any 1080p/4K/5K/8K HD video at 70x faster than usual. Also, it allows you to rip homemade DVDs/movies into popular video & audio formats that include 3D as well.
- Able to convert from any format, including DVDs, YouTube videos, etc.
- Allows users to play any video file with a built-in media player
- Almost all kinds of video resolutions are supported, including 8K, 5K, 4K, and 1080p
- The procedure is complex, but it may be made easier if you have prior expertise and know the format you need to convert to
- You need high definition and powerful computer to use this software as it handles high-quality videos
Price: The annual cost of Video Converter Ultimate is $55, or $89 for a lifetime membership.
Compatibility: Available for both Windows and macOS operating systems.
After thorough research and reviews, it is clear that any video converter from this list is the best choice for you if you are an amateur video editor. All of them are easy to use, user-friendly and you can also edit audios in this software. You can easily choose these converters for your domestic and personal video editing uses. If you still have no idea, try EaseUS Video Converter now!