Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses are aimed at providing more instructive information to users.…Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, voice changing, and PDF file editing. She also wrote blogs about data recovery, disk partitioning, and data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.…Read full bio
Gorilla joined EaseUS in 2022. As a smartphone lover, she stays on top of Android unlocking skills and iOS troubleshooting tips. In addition, she also devotes herself to data recovery and transfer issues.…Read full bio
"Hi readers, I hope you can read my articles with happiness and enjoy your multimedia world!"…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles and is now a professional editor at EaseUS. She is good at writing articles about multimedia, data recovery, disk cloning, disk partitioning, data backup, and other related knowledge. Her detailed and ultimate guides help users find effective solutions to their problems. She is fond of traveling, reading, and riding in her spare time.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Dawn Tang is a seasoned professional with a year-long record of crafting informative Backup & Recovery articles. Currently, she's channeling her expertise into the world of video editing software, embodying adaptability and a passion for mastering new digital domains.…Read full bio
Sasha is a girl who enjoys researching various electronic products and is dedicated to helping readers solve a wide range of technology-related issues. On EaseUS, she excels at providing readers with concise solutions in audio and video editing.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
Being a student/learner, you must be struggling with understanding the lesson by reading it for hours. It is a common problem for students that enhance the importance of text-to-speech conversion.
Most students feel it is complicated for them to read their lessons, as discussed by a Reddit user shown below.
If you have the same question and are looking for the best text-to-speech Chrome extension, you have landed on the right page. In this guide, we will share 7 hand-picked Chrome extensions that can read webpages aloud smoothly.
|🔢How many tested
|🚩Features we analyzed
|Compatibility, processing speed, accuracy, voice sound & quality, subscription plan
|Speechify Chrome extension
By the end, you will be able to choose the right one from the shared Chrome extensions and seamlessly learn your lesson. Let's get started and explore the following sections to find the best TTS extension.
If your main concern is to read aloud the webpages, you should try the Read Aloud Chrome extension. It is one of the best extensions for this purpose, as it is compatible with millions of web pages.
You can hear the text instead of reading it directly from the webpage. The only thing you have to do is to move to that webpage and click on the extension to get the speech. One of the best features of this extension is it allows you to adjust the speed, tone, and other basic parameters of the speech.
- It supports 40+ languages.
- You can use it for free.
- One can keep working on other apps/programs as it can keep reading the text in the background.
- You can highlight the text to know what it is reading by adjusting its setting.
- Supports millions of websites
- One-click working interface
- Can read PDFs, Google Docs, and other documents
- Allows volume adjustment
- Pause/stop is possible through shortcut keys or direct access only
- Basic UI interface and working window
- Non-realistic voices
If you are looking for the best free AI voice generator with a custom reading option, this TTS extension is for you. The designers have made it possible for users to listen to their required part of the webpage or any document.
You only have to copy-paste the text you want to hear by this extension. It means that you can hear the selected text instead of hearing the whole webpage. Moreover, you will get the text highlighted automatically to know from where the tool is reading that text aloud for you.
- It supports a long list of languages, making it perfect for everyone around the globe.
- This extension can also automatically detect the language and start reading.
- You can select the tone of the sound from the list of available tones.
- User-friendly interface
- Quick working
- Simple shortcut keys to get the speech
- Automatically detects the language
- Need to select the text for reading
- No automatic speech creation from web pages
Undoubtedly, one of the best text-to-speech websites is Speechify using which you can get voice for any text. It offers the Chrome extension, too, with advanced features to let the user get instant sound for their text.
Using this extension, you can read aloud webpages, Google Docs, emails, and any other blog from the internet. The best thing about this extension is it allows you to choose the speed directly from the webpage. You can adjust the reading speed from 200 words per minute to 500 words per minute.
- It allows adjusting different sections without browsing the settings.
- The extension is available for free use with a simple interface.
- You can adjust the tone and speech character from the list of available characters.
- It gives the text a natural-sounding speech, making it understandable for students.
- Simple working interface
- Quick processing with natural-sounding speech
- Create speech with an accurate tone
- Supports limited languages
If we say that you don't need to learn how to make Google Docs to read to you when you have a Speechify extension, it will be right. If you have found this guide useful, please share it on social media with your friends, colleagues, and other professionals.
Another finely working text to speech Chrome extension is NaturalReader. It is an AI text-to-speech converter that can help you get sound for text in more than 140 voices. You can choose from a list of voices with realistic tone to hear what is written on the required page.
It can work smoothly with hundreds of web pages as well as other document formats like Google Docs, PDFs, and books. You can hear to any page without finding format complications. Additionally, you can use it as text to text-to-speech Chromebook as it is compatible with multiple OS.
- You can hear the document without constraints of format.
- It has 130+ AI voices with realistic sounding.
- One can easily adjust the speed of the voice.
- You can use it over hundreds of pages as it is compatible with multiple ones.
- Quick adjustment of what you want to hear
- Easy to pause/stop
- Include 150+ languages
- Audio downloading option
- Free for basic use
- Supports 20 languages in basic mode
If we say that it is the best Speechify alternative, it will not be wrong because of its bundle of features. Readme is a perfect text-to-speech Chrome extension that supports multiple advanced features including skip forward/backward, volume adjustment, and quick conversion.
The best thing about this Chrome extension is that it allows you to hear a specific passage or lines of your book/document. Additionally, you can upload the document from your system instead of relying on online resources only.
- You can use this AI tool as a summarizer, as it can provide you with a summary of any webpage.
- It allows the user to choose whether they want a male voice or a female voice.
- One can easily adjust the sound speed or listen to the previous line again.
- Integrated with ChatGPT for summary generation
- Compatible with different document formats
- Allows you to get speech instantly after visiting the webpage
- Robotic sounds
- Need ChatGPT to account for summary creation
If you are struggling with the reading and writing tasks, you should try the Read&Write Chrome extension. It can help you read the text aloud to let you understand what is written in the document. The best feature of this text-to-speech Chrome extension is its AI working algorithm.
You can get a summary of highlighted sections/lines from the entire webpage or document using the same tool. In turn, you can also use it as a writing assistant instead of speech generative tool only. But the problem is you can use it for free only for 30 days.
- It is not only a text to speech converter, but a writing assistant too.
- You can access its premium subscription for free if you are a teacher.
- One can learn pronunciation using it because of accurate tone creation.
- You can listen to voice notes directly from Google Docs.
- Built-in dictionaries to enhance your understanding
- Works as a writing assistant and suggests next words in writing
- It can be used as a proofreading tool
- Free for a limited time
Unable to understand the language in which the document is written? You might be struggling with speech Chrome extensions as they don't support you in this condition. Don't worry if you are facing complications when you have the Snap&Read Chrome extension.
It is an advanced extension that can work as a read-aloud tool as well as a translator. It can translate your given text into 100+ languages. You can also do this directly from the webpage, making it suitable for every learner. Additionally, it has advanced features like meaning display, source citation, image reading, and many others.
- It isn't only a text-to-speech Chrome extension but a complete package for learners.
- You can learn how to pronounce a word with an understanding of its meaning.
- You can boost your learning process.
- It can support you in the writing phase with automatic source citation, translation, etc.
- Dynamic features like readability adjustment
- Automatic speech creation for web pages
- Supports multiple documents like PDFs
- Need little understanding of the field to use it
Helpful? Share it!
Bonus: Best Text to Speech Software on PC
Sometimes, you may not need a text-to-speech Chrome extension but a software that can work for you. In this regard, you can use the EaseUS VoiceOver, an AI voiceover generator, which can perform well on your PC. You can use this software on any of your devices and keep using it to get a voice for your text.
The best thing about this tool is that it creates sounds with emotions, the right pronunciation, and natural sounds. In short, you can use it as a text to speech with emotion and get voice for any type of text. You can use it for different professional purposes like ad sound, script reading, etc.
- It allows you to get built-in editing tools to edit the created sound.
- You can get sound in more than 100 languages.
- It is completely free to use this tool with hundreds of voices.
- One can use its custom effects to adjust the sound.
Don't just read; let your words speak! Try EaseUS VoiceOver today – the AI text-to-speech tool that brings your content to life. Click to explore!
We hope you have learned a lot from this blog about the best TTS Chrome extensions. You can now pick the most suitable text-to-speech Chrome extension as per your task's requirements. It is up to you to decide which tool is useful for you and can offer premium-quality results.
But if you are a regular user of this tool and want access anytime, you should go with EaseUS VoiceOver. It is a comprehensive toolkit that allows you to perform different tasks, from voice generation to editing.
FAQs on Text-to-Speech Chrome Extension
You may have cleared all your doubts about text-to-speech Chrome extensions. But if you still have quick questions, you can find them here with brief answers.
1. How do I get text-to-speech on Chrome?
You can get a text-to-speech converter on Chrome by downloading the most suitable from the Chrome web store. You can also use online working tools for this purpose.
2. Does Google have a free text-to-speech?
Yes, Google has a free text-to-speech converter using which you can get sound for around 4 million characters for free per month.
3. Does Google have built-in text-to-speech?
Google has a text-to-speech converter that you need to access from its tool's collection. It doesn't allow you to get text for any webpage like you can do using different Chrome extensions like Speechify, Readme, and NaturalReader.