Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Myra joined EaseUS in 2017. As a big fan of Apple products, she mainly focuses on iOS data transfer and iOS troubleshooting tips. Meanwhile, she is expanding her knowledge and skills in other fields like data recovery and disk management. Myra is open-minded and likes both extensive and intensive reading. Other than reading and writing, she is also fond of mobile games and K-pop stars.…Read full bio
Thank you, dear reader, for taking the time to read my articles and for visiting the EaseUS website. I hope you find my articles are helpful. Have a nice day!…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses are aimed at providing more instructive information to users.…Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to multimedia tools including screen recording, voice changing, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data security, including articles about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.…Read full bio
Gorilla joined EaseUS in 2022. As a smartphone lover, she stays on top of Android unlocking skills and iOS troubleshooting tips. In addition, she also devotes herself to data recovery and transfer issues.…Read full bio
"Hi readers, I hope you can read my articles with happiness and enjoy your multimedia world!"…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, multimedia, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on related issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Dawn Tang is a seasoned professional with a year-long record of crafting informative Backup & Recovery articles. Currently, she's channeling her expertise into the world of video editing software, embodying adaptability and a passion for mastering new digital domains.…Read full bio
Sasha is a girl who enjoys researching various electronic products and is dedicated to helping readers solve a wide range of technology-related issues. On EaseUS, she excels at providing readers with concise solutions in audio and video editing.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
What is a vlog? A common explanation is: vlog = video blog. Likewise, making a vlog means creating a video blog, which uses video instead of texts or photos to express personal thoughts. Vlog is often used to record interesting things in life. In fact, it covers a broad theme including food, music, travel, parenting, fashion, cosmetics, sports, and fitness, etc. When it comes to making quality vlogs, you must have two essential tools prepared: An HD video camera and a fabulous vlog editing app. For some amateur vloggers, they usually use their phone cameras to record videos instead of investing an expensive camera. That's considerably a smart way to save budget because the post-production seems to play a more important role in producing marvelous video blogs that would deeply impress followers.
Do you have clear answers to the above questions? We do. When it comes to selecting a satisfactory video blog editing app for smartphones or vlog editing software for Windows computers, we usually have cold feet to make a balanced choice. There are so many equivalents that advertised to be the best, but how to filter the one that fits you well, e.g., is it free? Does it apply to beginners or professionals? Is it able to export videos with compatible formats for most vlogging platforms, including Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Twitch IRL, Flickr, D.Tune, and so on?
By taking the fundamental aspects of what forms all-in-one video editor without watermark for making vlogs into consideration, here we list the six best vlog video editor software (aka vlog maker/best movie maker) to create HD video vlog in Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS, and let you be a vlog star! They are:
#1. EaseUS Video Editor: Best Vlog Editing Software for Windows
- Price: Free; Two or three features require an in-place upgrade
- Label: 1)Best video editing software for Windows; 2)Incredibly easy-to-use vlog editing software; 3) Small but fully-equipped
- Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7
EaseUS Video Editor is the perfect option for vloggers who want to start out with basic video editing functionality, at the same time, with the opportunity to get more advanced as they go. To begin with, the software supports creating extensive aspect-ratio videos from widescreen 16:9, portrait 9:16, traditional 4:3, and special for Taobao 3:4 as well as Instagram 1:1. To be specific, it covers all vlogging platforms' demands for uploading a video blog. If you want to know more about EaseUS Video Editor, you can click the following link to download it.
How to Vlog with EaseUS Video Editor
1. Use your video camera or phone camera to record video clips
2. Choose an aspect ratio and import it in the vlog editor
3. Trim/cut/crop video clips, delete unusable video clips and splice video clips
4. Add titles, subtitles, filters, overlays, transitions, BGM, music and choose among the over 80 elements to match your vlog style
5. Adjust speed, background color, contrast, saturation, brightness, hue, highlight, and many subtle details to make a flawless video.
6. Add some mosaic and blur effects to blur face or a moving part in the video
7. Export as a high-definition vlog of .mp4, .mkv, .gif, .mov, .wmv... and directly share vlog on social media, SNS, Youtube, Facebook, etc.
How to Produce a Professional Vlog Video in EaseUS Video Editor
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Video Editor on your PC or Laptop. Choose the desired aspect ratio to begin. You can change the selected aspect ratio to other available ones by clicking File > New Project.
Step 2. Drag and drop your video clips into the Media area, or use the "Import" function.
Step 3. Next, drag your media file(s) to the timeline and release, by which your video will automatically put onto the correct video track.
Step 4. Start editing with a ton of video editing features in front of you. You can see all the auxiliary effects on the top left pane, including Text, Filters, Overlays, Transitions, Elements, and Music. In addition, if you use the right-click mouse on a target media file on its track, you'll get more advanced editing chances to slipt a video, extract subtitle and continue clicking "Edit", there you'll be able to speed up or slow down the video playback, adjust the volume size, and add the fade in or face out effects.
Step 5. After editing your vlog, now click Export. You can export your vlog to any popular video format that fits for vlogging platforms. Last but not the least, under the "Video platform" tab, you can choose TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and many others and directly upload the ready-made vlog video to the vlogging platform.
Being a sophisticated video editing tool that provides users with a simple interface and intuitive operation, EaseUS Video Editor is also recognized as the best free audio converter and video converter for Windows 10. It allows users to convert video to MP4/MKV/MOV...and convert music to MP3/AAC...
- Price: $39,95
- Compatibility: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X 10.7+
Movavi Video Editor is handy software that makes creating a video montage a piece of cake. This program will help you edit videos even if you’re a complete beginner. Create vlogs, travel videos, and tutorials. Thanks to the easy-to-follow design and intuitive interface, your video editing will take next to no time. With the help of transitions and effects, you can make your videos extra-engaging. Filters can add a magic touch, and the animated built-in intros will liven up your footage. Even if you’ve never tried montage, you can use the special effects in this seamless video editing software: Chroma Key, Slow Motion, Pan & Zoom, and many more.
- Edit 4K and Full HD videos
- Crop and rotate clips
- Merge, cut, and trim video segments
- Stabilize footage and reduce camera shake
- Experiment with special effects, filters, transitions, and stickers
- Play with the sound settings
- Use keyframe animation on titles, and overlay video
- Media bin enables quick access to your files
How to use Movavi Video Editor
Step1. Import your media files.
Step2. Start with the basic editing: crop and rotate files, cut, and merge clips. And you also can play around with the visuals: apply colorful filters and stickers, experiment with special effects, and use transitions; Work with audio if you wish.
Step3. Choose the output format and save your project.
#3. Final Cut Pro X: Standout Vlog Editor for macOS
- Price: Apple Final Cut Pro X costs a flat, one-time price of $299.99.
- Label: 1) Extraordinarily powerful for editing big-budget movies and commercial vlogs; 2) Mac-only video editing software used by professionals, it takes time to learn
- Compatibility: Final Cut Pro X 10.4.8, runs on Intel-based Mac computers powered by macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or later
Apple Final Cut Pro X is one of the several high-powered video editing applications based on Mac OS X and macOS. We've heard of Adobe Premiere, and both Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere are remarkable pieces of video editing software that's particularly accepted by professionals with a big budget. If you're looking for only a professional-level piece for Mac, Final Cut Pro X is the optimal choice as it's still comparatively cheaper than Adobe Premiere.
Vlogging Features in Final Cut Pro X
- 4K Editing
- Action Cam Tools
- Plug-ins available
- Chroma Key (green screen)
- 360-degree Video Editing
- Multicam Editing
- Burn to DVD
- Burn to Blu-ray
- Export to YouTube/Facebook/Vimeo/Apple devices
#4. iMovie: Free-to-use yet simple Vlog Editing Tool
- Price: Free; included with macOS computers
- Label: 1) Most used video editing tools by Apple users; 2) Simple interface
- Compatibility: macOS and classic Mac OS
iMovie is the inbuilt video editing software exclusively for Apple users. You might not find many customization options in iMovie, but what it offers is well polished and would suit most novice vloggers' needs.
So if you're a Mac user and planning to create some basic and short vlog videos, using Apple's consumer-level video editing program is totally enough to make your dream come true. It makes the post-editing not that troublesome as what's available in it is sleek, polished and easy to use.
Vlogging Features in iMovie
- HD & 4K video support
- Video color settings
- Crop & rotate video clip
- Video effects & transitions
- Video speed change (speed up/slow down)
- Clip browser
- Pre-built themes & backdrops
- Real-time titling
How to Edit A Vlog in iMovie
Step 1. Import video clips into iMovie. You can open multiple projects simultaneously.
Step 2. Sequentially edit your video by enhancing, e.g. add Youtube title, add transitions, organize videos, add effects, etc.
Step 3. Export and upload your final projects of a completely-featured video blog.
#5. VlogU: Vlog Editing App for Android Vloggers
- Price: Free
- Label: 1) Best free vlog editor/video editor/movie maker/vlog maker; 2) Easy-to-use; 3) No watermark after free removal
- Compatibility: Android 4.3 and up
The best vlog editing app for Android in Google Play, VlogU is top recommended with a very high score of 4.5 user rating due to its massive & enhanced video editing abilities. It offers 100+ music & BGM, enables vloggers and other essential elements to make a stunning super start vlog.
Brilliant Vlogging Features in VlogU
- Trim, cut, crop, slice and split the video into video clips
- Edit vlog with stylish texts, fonts, colors, free music (happy, dance, romantic...), effects (glitch, blur, disco...), transitions, filters, stickers and emojis
- Control the vlog speed (Slow motion and fast motion)
- Export the project in HD 1080p or 720p without losing quality to social media
#6. Splice: Nice Vlog Editing App as Easy as 123
- Price: Free
- Label: 1) Most installed video editor in App Store; 2) applies to beginners and semi-professionals
- Compatibility: iOS 11 or later; Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Splice is a vlogging app for iPhone, it's still powerful. This iPhone vlog app makes it easy to create fully customized, professional-looking videos on your iPhone, iPad. Imagine the performance of a desktop editor, optimized for your mobile device. Just tap to trim clips, adjust transitions, add slow-motion effects, and more to create beautiful videos you'll love to share. It's never been easier to edit like a pro on the go.
How to Use Splice Vlog Editing App
- Edit your vlog with available filters, title slides, text overlays, custom outro, slow/fast motion, zoom effects
- Trim, cut and crop photos and videos, mix multiple audio tracks with precision
- Add narration or custom sound effects with the built-in voice recorder
- Share right to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Mail, Messages, and more
- Save videos to your camera roll
To Sum Up
Regarding the topic "2020 best vlog editing software and apps", we list six best vlog editing apps for Android/iOS as well as best vlog editing software for Windows/macOS. All the listed vlog editor can help YouTubers, Instagrammers, and Vloggers to make marvelous vlog videos that followers would thump up.
Anytime when you find a smartphone difficult to refine your vlog effects as you wish, it's time to hop on a computer or Mac, where you will make prominent progress to produce the most expressive and breathtaking vlog videos! Always remind yourself of EaseUS video editing software and let it help create a stunning project for you.
Here list a YouTube video about EaseUS Video Editor, you can open it to watch and learn more.
What People Also Ask About Editing A Vlog
Here list some
1. What editing app do vloggers use?
Every level of vloggers chooses the vlog editing app that fits herself/himself. For professionals, they can use a sophisticated app from Adobe Premiere to Final Cut Pro X, and After Effects as well. However, for amateurs who are into making interesting and meaningful vlogs, the recommended free editing apps within this page are quite enough.
2. What is the best app for vlogging?
In conclusion, for a specific operating system and a group of people, here are six recommendations of best vlog editing apps.
- Windows: EaseUS Video Editor (for beginners as well as professionals)
- macOS: Final Cut Pro X (for professionals) and iMovie (for beginners)
- Android: VlogU
- iOS: Splice
3. How do I edit a vlog video on my phone?
To enable yourself to edit a vlog video on your phone, you need to select a capable vlog editing app that goes compatible with Android OS or iOS. The best vlog editing app for Android is VlogU while the iOS one is called Splice.
4. How do YouTubers edit their videos?
Youtubers are used to editing videos on a desktop PC or Mac. The top three programs to use for YouTube video editing are EaseUS Video Editor, Final Cut Pro X, and iMovie.