5 Best Open Source Audio Converter for All Platforms
Jane Zhou updated on Mar 15, 2023 | Home > Video Converter Tips
Knowing how to convert audio file formats is a necessity in this modern world. Although there are lots of audio converting software available on the market, most of them are paid. If you want to change your audio file formats without spending a penny, open source audio converter is your best choice. But what is the best open-source audio converting software now?
Considering that, we will share the top 6 popular audio converters with you, and you can select your desired one from this post.
EaseUS Video Converter - Best Audio Converter
EaseUS Video Converter is an excellent audio converting program that is used widely all over the world. This software supports more than 500 audio file formats, which means you can almost do all audio conversion with it, including converting MP3 to OGG, changing FLAC to MP3, etc.
More than that, it provides you with a professional audio extractor to get the audio files from the videos. And with its help, you can easily convert video to audio formats like MP3, AAC, FLAC, etc. Plus, when it comes to the audio quality of the output file, this converter can ensure that the audio you get sounds as good as the original. It can also be helpful when you want to reduce the size of the file and just save it.
All in all, if you want intelligent software, then you must try this software.
EaseUS Video Converter
- Simple and intuitive workflows
- The best free audio converter for beginners
- Convert videos to lossless audio files
- You can easily adjust audio parameters
- It works 30 times faster than most converters
> > Check out the best open source video converter
FFmpeg Batch AV Converter is a free and open-source audio conversion software for Windows. With it, you can convert audio and video files of many formats like MP3, AAC, AC3, FLAC, MP4, MKV, and more.
Besides, it was designed to be a feature-rich batch media converter that allows you to batch convert audio and video files of various formats. Overall, FFmpeg can decode, encode, transcode, filter, and play a large variety of files types. It is ideal for audio and video conversions.
- It has an audio waveform feature that lets you view the waveform of the input audio files
- Use it to merge audio files into a new one
- Allow you to trim and delete unwanted parts of input audio or video files
- It has a complicated user interface
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, and Linux
Working on Windows, macOS, or Linux, Audacity is a widespread audio editing software that can also be used as open-source audio conversion software. It supports many input and output audio formats like MP3, FLAC, OGG, and more, and you can easily change their formats.
Moreover, it provides many editing functions to enhance the output audio if necessary. For instance, you can also edit and improve the audio by using tools such as multitrack audio editor, effects, trim edges, and a lot more.
- Offer various tools to help you analyze input audio
- Has a built-in audio recorder that allows you to record both voices and MIDI instruments
- Allow you to add third-party plugins to add more sounds, instruments, and tools to this audio converter
- It is not a professional audio converter
Compatibility: Windows, macOS, and Linux
TAudioConverter is another free audio conversion software for Windows. With this software, you can convert audio files into MP3, OGG, FLAC, and WAV formats. It can also convert multiple audio files at the same time, as it supports batch audio conversion.
Furthermore, it also has a settings area to adjust the audio quality and sample rate before starting the conversion process. This easy-to-use open-source audio conversion software is available in two formats now: an installer file and a portable version.
- Has a multithread that can carry out up to 16 simultaneous processes for fast encoding
- Convert and encode to many formats like AAC, FLAC, WAV, and AC3
- It supports 64-bit
- It can be complicated for new users.
MuConv is another free and open-source audio converting software for Windows. It is also portable software that requires no installation to work. Like the rest, this software supports many input audio formats like M4A, AAC, FLAC, and more. However, it only supports some output audio formats: WAV, FAAC MPEG4, and MP3.
What's more, the most interesting feature in MuConv is the possibility to extract audio tracks from any file in AVI, MPEG, MOV, or other formats and then save them in common audio format.
- Easy to use user interface
- Offer fast conversion
- Completely free to use
- Not many out conversion file formats
#5. Mobile Media Converter
Another open-source audio conversion software is Mobile Media Converter. You can also edit audio files in this software as it is primarily an audio editing software.
It supports several audio files of various formats. You can even work on multiple audio files simultaneously as it comes with the multi-window interface. After converting, you can use the export function of this software to save the input audio file in a different format.
- It has spectral analysis, normalizing, fading of audio tracks
- You can convert several tracks at once
- It has many plugins to integrate
- Support limited output formats
In this article, you learned about some of the best open-source audio converters in the industry. You can download any of them and use them for free.
However, as you may have noticed, most of these open-source software lacks advanced features! That is why, if you are looking for advanced audio conversions, you should use EaseUS Video Converter. This is excellent software that will definitely impress you.