- 1. FREE | How to Convert Video to Audio on Windows 10/Mac/iPhone/Online
- 2.Top 8 Best Discord Video Compressor for Win & Mac in 2022
- 3.2022 | Convert OGV to MP4 on Windows/Mac/Online
- 4.Best 6 M4B to MP3 Converter Free Download
- 5.How to Convert M4A to FLAC Without Losing Quality
- 6.Free | 3 Easy Steps to Convert MP4 to VOB in Seconds
[Comparsion] AIFF vs WAV | Which Audio is Better in 2022
Crystal Chen updated on Mar 18, 2022 to Video Converter Tips
Both AIFF and WAV are audio formats of high quality. Do you know their difference? They are different in many aspects, so finding a suitable audio format for your media player is practical. If you put the incompatible audio in the media player, maybe it will not be workable. In that situation, you can make conversions between these two audio formats.
Here, this post demonstrates the difference for "AIFF vs WAV". Also, one audio converter is introduced.
- Part 1. AIFF vs WAV | Which Audio is Better?
- Part 2. How to Convert AIFF to WAV or vice versa
- Part 3. Overview of AIFF and WAV
Both AIFF and WAV are audio formats. However, they are different in some aspects, including compatibility, extension, etc. Below is a short comparison of these two audio formats.
For Windows users, WAV audio files could be your choice. For Mac users, select AIFF.
To make conversions between these two audio files, try this Windows converting software!
Here are more details for the full comparison of these two audio formats, including several aspects.
AIFF: With uncompressed code modulation, most AIFF audio files are uncompressed. Although AIFF is uncompressed, this audio file can still maintain high quality. Also, there is a format of AIFF known as AIFF-C, which has compression codecs.
WAV: As an uncompressed file encoding, WAV is commonly used for Microsoft Windows systems.
Since both AIFF and WAV are uncompressed formats, the audio size could be larger than compressed files like MP3.
Both WAV and AIFF have high quality. For AIFF, it is a lossless audio format that can offer high quality. Also, WAV allows higher quality output. However, as they are uncompressed, so the size of the files may not be small.
AIFF: The compatibility of AIFF is high. You can play AIFF audio files on Windows and Mac. You can play this audio file on QuickTime Player, iOS devices, VLC, and Windows Media Player. While AIFF is actually created by Apple, so choose this audio format if you are using Apple devices.
WAV: WAV audio format is created by Microsoft and IBM for Windows. For Windows users, it is a better audio choice.
After viewing the AIFF vs WAV in the last part, you may be able to find the target audio file. If you want to get a WAV from AIFF, the converting software is needed. Try EaseUS Video Converter to achieve this task.
Meanwhile, if you have several AIFF files, you can convert them in bulk. Without losing quality, you can get the WAV file converted from the AIFF. Not only dealing with AIFF files, but also you can convert MP3, OGG, M4A, and other audio formats to WAV. You can import the audio file from your computer easily.
- Best free audio converter on Windows PC
- Able to support 1000+ formats
- Extract audio from video with ease
- Convert video and audio files in batch
Windows converting software free download! No registration is needed.
How to convert AIFF to WAV or vice versa:
Step 1. Launch this software and click "Audio Converter" on the main interface. Next, hit "Choose Files" to import audio files.
Step 2. Hit the gear icon once the audio is imported. In "More Options" window, hit "Audio" > "WAV".
Step 3. Finally, choose "Convert All" at the bottom to start it. Once done, find your converted files in the "Finished" tab.
After viewing AIFF vs WAV, you can fully understand these two audio formats. Follow the below part.
What is AIFF?
AIFF or Audio Interchange File Format is an audio format created by Apple. As an uncompressed audio file, AIFF hardly loses quality. Because it is uncompressed, the file size could be large. Usually, the AIFF file can occupy more space on your devices. Unlike MP3 which is compressed, AIFF can be 10 MB per minute sound capturing.
Mainly used on Apple devices, AIFF can be played on Windows players as well. On Windows, the AIFF files can be in .aif. At the same time, you can see the extension .aiff in Windows operating systems.
- The lossless audio which maintains high quality
- An open audio format that can be edited easily
- Can be played on many devices as the compatibility is high
- The file size could be large because of uncompression
- Hard to be shared online as an audio file
What is WAV?
Being an uncompressed audio format, WAV or Waveform Audio File Format is created by Microsoft and IBM. WAV is derivated from the Microsoft Resource Interchange File Format. Although it's compressed, the quality can also be ensured.
WAV files are commonly used on Windows devices for playing high quality. Meanwhile, it's is uncompressed as well. If you mind saving large size files on your computer, then you can choose other compressed audio formats like OGG and MP3.
- As a lossless sound format to produce smooth audio
- An editable audio format for some software
- Occupy large size as an uncompressed audio file
- The compatibility is not so high as some devices cannot play it