Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.…Read full bio
Myra joined EaseUS in 2017. As a big fan of Apple products, she mainly focuses on iOS data transfer and iOS troubleshooting tips. Meanwhile, she is expanding her knowledge and skills in other fields like data recovery and disk management. Myra is open-minded and likes both extensive and intensive reading. Other than reading and writing, she is also fond of mobile games and K-pop stars.…Read full bio
Thank you, dear reader, for taking the time to read my articles and for visiting the EaseUS website. I hope you find my articles are helpful. Have a nice day!…Read full bio
Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses are aimed at providing more instructive information to users.…Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to multimedia tools including screen recording, voice changing, video editing, and PDF file conversion. Also, she's starting to write blogs about data security, including articles about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.…Read full bio
Gorilla joined EaseUS in 2022. As a smartphone lover, she stays on top of Android unlocking skills and iOS troubleshooting tips. In addition, she also devotes herself to data recovery and transfer issues.…Read full bio
"Hi readers, I hope you can read my articles with happiness and enjoy your multimedia world!"…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, multimedia, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on related issues.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Gemma is member of EaseUS team and has been committed to creating valuable content in fields about file recovery, partition management, and data backup etc. for many years. She loves to help users solve various types of computer related issues.…Read full bio
Dawn Tang is a seasoned professional with a year-long record of crafting informative Backup & Recovery articles. Currently, she's channeling her expertise into the world of video editing software, embodying adaptability and a passion for mastering new digital domains.…Read full bio
Sasha is a girl who enjoys researching various electronic products and is dedicated to helping readers solve a wide range of technology-related issues. On EaseUS, she excels at providing readers with concise solutions in audio and video editing.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
MP4 is one of the most common formats used for recording videos. Not only it's versatile, but it also made sure the size is a lot less compared to other non-standard formats. So if you are shooting with your phone, you are mostly recording in MP4 format, and fine-tuning such videos, you need an MP4 Cutter.
In this post, we are introducing 10 free MP4 cutter software to create an error-free video. Continue reading to find your desired one now!
It is a free video editor without watermark that offers an easy user interface to edit, split, trim video files. You can add multiple MP4 videos on its non-linear timeline and then right-click on the video to split or use the keyboard shortcut(Ctrl+B) to cut the videos. Once you repeat the same with all the videos, they will be available as smaller video clips.
You can also change the length by manually entering the time length. Later, these can be then enhanced using enhancements such as Text, Filters, Overlays, Transitions, Elements, and Music.
EaseUS Video Editor
- Handle AVI MPEG video, MP4 format, 4K videos, and other formats
- An audio mixer software and free video speed editor
- A great video editor that offers over 50+ transitions, 40+ filters, etc.
- Offer lots of basic and advanced video editing tools
It's a free MP4 video cutter that offers video trimmer, splitter, and join multiple videos keeping the original video quality. Once you open the video in edit mode, you can create multiple video clips and add them to the sidebar. Later all these can be merged. The videos can be further split into numerous segments by duration.
- Easy to use interface with precise controls on editing and trimming videos
- Allow to you create a stack of multiple videos to merge them
- Open the website every time you close the editor
- Non-linear timeline is missing
3. Windows Video Editor
Photos App in Windows offers a native free MP4 cutting feature, which allows you to split your MP4 video in seconds. Drag, and drop the videos, and use the Split and Trim function to edit the MP4 video. You can also add 3D effects, background music, text, titles, and so on.
- Excellent tool to perform some basic editing
- It can trim, split, changes speed, and more
- Add images from Bing, external audio, and more
- Difficult and time-consuming if you are editing multiple videos
- It is not possible to place images and videos on top of each other as it offers a linear timeline
4. VSDC Free Video Editor
VSDC offers a non-linear timeline allowing us to place the video on top of each other, making it easy to cut the MP4 videos. When you get into edit mode, it offers you options to add markers. These markers are useful to remember parts of the video you need to delete. Along with it, you also get a dedicated section for cut areas.
- Offers motions tracking, masking, and video stabilization tool
- Features like video capture, screen capture, voice recorder add to the advantage of editing videos
- Multiple templates to help users get started quickly
- A little difficult for the beginners
- Settings are not natural to change as they offer popular code editor-style like Visual Studio
This open-source MP4 video editor offers more than what Windows Video Editor provides. Once the video is imported, you can set markers on the timeline. Done that, use the editing tools to cut parts of the video, which are not essential.
You can also drag the mouse to adjust the pieces. When you are editing multiple videos, you can add them to the Job queue. When you are ready, all the videos can be processed and exported out. Lastly, configure video, audio export features for the final renders.
- Color correction, sharpness, Subtitles support, and more
- Simple and straightforward video editor
- Missing timeline
- No keyboard shortcut support
Popular for editing 4K videos, Shotcut is a well-built video cutter that offers extensive menu options to cut MP4 videos, but only on demand. It offers all the necessary features to cut, split, and trip the videos. The software maintains a visual history, i.e., you can read the exact changes you made, e.g., split clip, append to track, and so on.
- Offer NTSC monitoring to better edit videos
- FFmpeg inclusion makes sure more types of videos are supported for editing
- Color, text, noise, and counter generators
- The interface is easy compared to the competition which offers complex menus
- You are on your own using this as it lacks documentation and video tutorials
- Useful for editing but anything beyond that, it's not that good
It is one of the favorite video editors among macOS users. Not only is it available for free, but it also offers support for creating trailers with beautiful templates. Once you have the video on the timeline, right-click on it and select split (command + b). Done that, you can iron off the bugs on the edges of the video by moving them in or out. If you want more exceptional control, open the clip trimmer.
- Free for all macOS users
- Clip Trimmer offers cutting videos even more precisely
- Limited features compared to other editors on the platform
8. Hitfilm Express
Platform: Windows and macOS
Hitfilm Express is an MP4 trimmer free download for both Windows and Mac users. It has been known to be used for a couple of movies and provides extensive and regular tutorials to create FX footage.
When it comes to cutting videos, the tool offers a keyboard shortcut, dedicated video trimmer window, which helps you get clear visuals. Once you are through, use the motion blur effects to smoothen the transition further.
- Provide both 2D and 3D compositing along with 410+ effects and pre-sets
- Combine multiple video stream, and add PIP mode
- Support for vertical windows, enhanced workflow, and timeline
- The free version is limited
9. QuickTime Player
Platform: macOS and Windows
It's a free MP4 video cutter from Apple, which is handy if you are looking for a simple video editor that does nothing more than cutting videos. Available for macOS, it can trim, rotate, flip, cut, copy, paste, and delete videos. Once you are done editing the MP4 file, you can add one more at the end of the video.
- Share videos directly to YouTube, Facebook, and other services
- Support multiple videos but in a linear timeline
- Support exporting to audio-only or 4K/1080/720/480P resolutions
- Offer basic video editing tools
10. Online Video Cutter
Platform: Windows, macOS, and Linux
It is an online tool useful for those who do not want to rely on software tools to edit small videos. It offers an instant preview of the video while the upload happens in the background. Next, you can use various tools such as a trimmer, cropper to create small video clips. Later you can join them to create the final output.
- Offer all essential editing tools
- Work on all platform
- Limit on the upload size makes it suitable only for smaller videos
- Privacy concerns
Now that you are through the list, you have seen all types of MP4 cutter software. They have their advantages and disadvantages. Among all these free mp4 cutters, EaseUS Video editor offers a balanced set of features, easy editing tools, and professional features such as visual effects, transitions, filters, background music, and more. If you are looking for an all in all video editor, EaseUS video editor is the right choice.