- 1.How to Make Picture in Picture Video Easily and Effectively
- 2. Best 8 Video Collage Maker + How-to Tutorials
- 3.How to Edit and Enhance Your Videos
- 4.6 AVI Extractor | How to Extract Audio from AVI Video Easily
- 5.Top 9 Video Overlay Software: How to Overlay Videos Easily
- 6.2023 | BEST 13 Gaming Montage Maker for All Platforms
Top 10 Music Speed Changer Free Download for Windows 10/Mac/Online
Melissa Lee updated on Mar 15, 2023 | Home > Video Editing Tips
Sometimes, you may have heard audios where someone is speaking too fast, which makes it difficult to understand, or the audio file is too slow, which will cost your time to get it. In this case, adjusting the audio speed will help you get a better result. However, you need an audio speed changer if you want to complete the task successfully.
Given that, this post lists down the top 10 best music speed changers for Windows 10, Mac, and even online users. Go on reading to find your desired one now!
1. EaseUS Video Editor
Applies to: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
EaseUS Video Editor is a professional video and audio editor that can edit both videos and audio files. When it comes to changing the speed of audio files, you can use this tool to adjust the speed of a single audio file or multiple audio files. Once the change is applied, you can also add background music to make it sound better if needed. Make sure to remove the non-essential part of the audio before changing the speed. That said, EaseUS audio speed editor can also help you edit audio files easily to make them more appealing.
EaseUS Video Editor
- Change speed up to 5x times
- Extract audio from video files, and then change the speed separately
- 300+ visual and audio effects to make a cinematic video
- Increase or decrease sound with fade-in and fade-out effects
- Provide lots of video editing tools to modify video clips
Steps to Speed Up or Slow Down Your Audio File:
Step 1. Download and launch EaseUS Video Editor, then, add the audio files into the media section. If you are planning to speed up multiple files, add them together into the timeline, and then change speed one by one.
Step 2. Select the audio file, and then click on the pencil icon. It will reveal controls where you can change speed, use fade-in, fade-out, and change volume level. To change the speed, move the slider to left or right. You can change anywhere between 0.2X (slow down) to 5X (speed up). You can also use the edit tools to remove what is not needed.
Step 3. The last step is to export the audio in MP3 or AAC format. The time to convert will depend on the length and the number of audio files in the queue. To make sure you get the best quality, click on the configuration icon after you click on Export, and then select the highest bitrate, encoder, sample rate and more.
Applies to: Windows/Mac/Linux
Known for its versatility, Audacity is popular to play any audio format on the internet. The software also offers audio editing, recording, change in speed, tempo, noise reduction, and other features.
Once the file is loaded into this audio speed changer for Windows, click on the Effect menu and then select change speed. Here you can set up speed multiplier, percentage change, configure vinyl rpm and set the length for which the speed should be changed. It is probably the essential feature of the program. Confirm settings and then export the audio in a format that suits you best.
- Professional editing features for editing audio, which includes adding effects, analysis, tracks, and more
- Edit multiple audio files in one go which is useful for professionals
- Available on both Windows and macOS platforms
- The learning curve for beginners is big as too many control can be overwhelming
3. QuickTime Player
Applies to: Mac
Quick Time Player is a built-in Mac music speed changer, enabling you to slow down or speed up audio very quickly. To adjust the speed, you need to open the Audio-Video Control panel, and if you hold the "Option" button down while mouse-clicking, you can increase the Forward or Reverse speeds in increments of 0.1x with speeds in the range of 1.0x through 1.9x having audio.
You can also use the sliding gestures or Option key + arrow keys to change the speed of the audio files. Lastly, make sure to export as an audio file with a changed speed.
- Free for all macOS users along with support for conversion of audio file
- Precise control to change the playhead to the exact place
- Trim the audio to remove unnecessary parts of the audio
- Basic audio editing options
Applies to: Mac
iMovie is a fantastic editor on Mac, which can edit both audio and video files. Once you have the audio file in the timeline, click on the Speedometer on the right-hand side of the row. You will then be presented with a Speed setting and a Reverse setting with a checkbox next to it.
You can then manipulate the speed of a clip by clicking the speed drop-down menu and changing the speed from normal to Slow or Fast. Here you can choose to change the speed of the audio to a specific percentage. If you check the box next to the Reverse, your selected clip's audio and video will both be reversed.
- Brilliant audio and video editor which is available for free to macOS users
- Change the speed or reverse audio with ease
- Create a fantastic video
- Export only in M4A format
- No support for other audio formats such as MP3
Applies to: Windows 7/8/10
It's a feature-rich free music speed changer for PC like Audacity, which offers waveform like the visualization of the audio files. You can edit part of full audio with editing options such as cut, copy, paste, and so on.
To change speed, once the file is loaded, click on the Process menu and then select Tempo. It will then reveal the change speed settings to use the slider to change it between 0.5X to 3X. You can listen to the preview before applying the change. You can then finally convert into Microsoft wave, MP3 audio, Ogg Vorbis, Monkey's Audio, Flac, Windows media audio, Wavpack, and more.
- Support processes like click removal, DC offset correction, compressor, echo, etc.
- Filters like moving average, high-pass, low-pass, band-pass
- Special effects like flinger, phaser, chorus, gargle
- Record audio
- Too many options will confuse novice users
6. Wavepad Sound Editor
Applies to: Windows/Mac
If you're looking for a simple audio speed editor, then you can try Wavepad Sound Editor. Like any other audio speed-changing software, it offers a waveform editing experience. If you want to edit, merge, or change sound speed, this is for you.
What you will enjoy using this software is the big menus, which makes it easy to use. To change speed, switch to the Effects menu and then select the Speed. Here you can choose to change speed, pitch, and manage the profile. So if you do the same thing over and over again, creating a preset makes sense.
- Amplify, fade in and out, linear or logarithmic sound editing
- Option to perform reverse and inversion of audio files
- Support more than 40 different file formats
- Offer filters, sound effects along with the sound library
- Not possible to process files in batch
7. Leapic Audio Editor
Applies to: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
It is an all-in-one audio editor, converter, recorder, player, splitter, and joiner. A full set of effects and editing features are included for professional sound production. To change the audio speed, click on effect, time stretch, and then choose to increase and decrease the speed of the audio file. Later you can export.
- Support filters such as Brand Pass Filter, High Pass Filter, Low Pass Filter to all or selected part of the video
- Apply effects like Amplify, Compressor, Delay, Equalize, Invert, etc.
- Merge audio files
- Record audio from a microphone or any other available input device
- Too many options can confuse end-users if all they want is to change the speed
8. Audio Speed Changer Online
Applies to: Windows/Mac/Linux
If all you want is to change the speed of the audio file, then it is best to choose an online audio speed editor tool. Audio Speed Changer is only to change audio speed if you are comfortable uploading files to their server. Once you upload the file, select the pitch change, playback speed, and, lastly, the audio format.
- Support local and online link for audio files
- Change pitch and speed
- Output in MP3 or M4A format
- No preview of how the files will sound when the speed is changed
- Limited output format
- No editing
9. Conversion Tool
Applies to: Windows/Mac/Linux
Conversion Tool is another no free online audio changer tool, which can convert speed or Tempo, transpose, and option to convert either using a time-based and a frequency-based (FFT) algorithm. It is useful for music training, transcription, instrument learning.
- A simple, straightforward tool for those who need a music speed changer
- Connect to OneDrive or Dropbox if you have audio files available online
- Send email notifications when the conversion is complete
- No option to preview, see the waveform and edit audio files
- UI is cluttered with advertisements
10. Audio Trimmer Speed Changers
Applies to: Windows/Mac/Linux
It is the best online music speed changer tool among the bunch. Not only is it mobile-friendly, but it also creates almost zero clutter when changing the speed of the file. Once you upload the audio track, change the tempo settings, select speed, and click on the change speed button. The algorithm will process the audio and let you download it within seconds.
- Support multiple formats including mp3, wav, m4a, WMA, and more
- Slow down the music if you are learning an instrument
- Both desktop and mobile-friendly user interface
- The file size limit is up to 20 MB
- No way to hear a preview of the audio file
Now that you have seen software for Windows, macOS, and some online tools, it is clear that using EaseUS Video editor is the best way to go forward. It allows you to change the speed, add effects, and it supports multiple formats. On top of it, the user interface is straightforward to use. Even if you haven't used anything like this before, you will not have a problem.
Music Speed Changer FAQs
1. How do you change the speed of an audio file?
An excellent audio speed editor can help you. Open a music speed changer, then upload your music file and choose the speed. Once done, you can export it and save it on your computer for better enjoyment.
2. How can I reduce the speed of sound?
To reduce the speed of sound, you need a sound speed changer. We have shown you the top 10 best ones like EaseUS Video Editor, Audacity, iMovie, and many more. Just choose the right one based on your needs.
3. Can you change the speed on Spotify?
Yes. Spotify does have a speed changer in its app. All you have to do is open it and play a podcast, and then you will see a speed changer pm your now playing page. Here you can change the speed from 0.5X to 3X.