- 1.How to Reverse Video with 6 Free Video Editing Software
- 2.How to Caption a Video: Best Way to Subtitles Instagram Videos
- 3.Free | How to Add Subtitles to MP4 Efficiently
- 4.How to Make A Square Video with Square Video Maker/App/Editor
- 5.How to Sync Audio and Video Recorded Separately in 2023
- 6.How to Change Video Orientation with Video Rotating Software
2023 | Top 12 Best Free Audio Mixer Software Free Download
Sofia Albert updated on Mar 15, 2023 | Home > Video Editing Tips
Whether you are a musician, a video team, a staff in music production and editing, or just creating personalized ringtones for your phone, choosing the best audio mixer software will be helpful. To find the best and free audio editor, there are various choices available on the market. Some are free, paid, and some bring extra features or be suitable for a specific operating system, etc. The top 12 best sound mixer software are introduced here, and you can select the best one that fits your needs.
Warm reminder: You're also allowed to mix YouTube sounds, but you'll need to convert YouTube videos to MP3 beforehand.
8 Best Free Audio Mixer Software for Windows and Mac
Excellent audio mixing software is needed when you want to mix sounds. Here you learn about the best 8 music mixing tools on Windows and Mac, which are helpful.
Top 1. EaseUS Video Editor (Windows)
EaseUS Video Editor is a versatile software for music mixing, which can manage recorded or live event sound, enable the merge of different audio files, and provide more output options. It's even beneficial to mix music tracks and video files into the same file. Also, this Windows audio mixing software can filter and optimize sound by adjusting levels, enhancing sound with equalization and effects, and recording various mixes.
Besides, it's the best free audio converter that can convert audio among various formats like MP3, etc.
EaseUS Video Editor
Easy & smart video editing software for beginners
- A wide array of audio and video editing features
- Good at editing audio tasks, like extract audio from video
- Crop the video on Windows with ease
- Audio speed changer on Windows PC
- Sound mixer free download with no registration
Top 2. Audacity (Windows & Mac)
Audacity is popular, free, and open-source audio mixing software, accessible software to anyone looking to get started with audio editing. It provides the comprehensive features you need. There are many effects, including bass, treble, distortion, noise removal, and analysis tools such as beat finder, silence finder, sound finder, and more.
Audacity supports almost all the audio file formats out there like MP3, WAV, AIFF, PCM, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, AC3, AMR, WMA, MP4, and more.
- Completely free and easy
- Surprisingly rich features
- Suitable for both pros and beginners
- Massive online community for help
- UI is not the best and needs to be improved
- Crashes happen randomly
Top 3. Adobe Audition (Windows & Mac)
Adobe's Audition is the best audio mixer software for streaming, which provides incredible features for professional users. Its multi-track editing and mixing function makes your audio editing experience effective. It also has powerful editing features, including mirror fading, the ability to keep layer stacks when moving individual parts of the stack, etc.
With many plug-ins embedded, Audition also has a series of features, making it easier for users to get started. It supports most audio formats like MP3, WAV, AC-3, AIFF, AIFC, AAC, HE-AAC, CAF, FLAC, PCM, OGG, WMA, and video formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV, etc.
- Professional and trustworthy
- A wide array of features for professionals
- Powerful application created by Adobe team for users
- It's too complex for beginners to make use of
- Not a good fit for people looking to produce music
- The free version has limited functionality
Top 4. WavePad (Windows & Mac)
WavePad is a beneficial live audio mixer software for Windows and Mac. It lets record and edit music, voice, and other sounds with multiple features, such as cutting, copying and pasting parts of recordings into a new one, and adding effects like echo, amplification, and noise reduction.
Moreover, this tool supports MP3, WAV, VOX, GSM, WMA, AU, AIF, FLAC, real audio, OGG, AAC, M4A, MID, AMR, and more. Its free audio editing software does not expire and includes many of the features of the trial version.
- Easy to install and easy to use
- Allow batch processing to edit many audio files at once
- The interface may not be as sleek as other editors
- Not supporting multi-tracking
- Provide tons of great functions, including amazing effects, fast editing options, and powerful tools
Top 5. Logic Pro X (Mac)
Logic Pro X is Apple's DAW for systems running macOS. This free mixer for music covers some excellent features into the fold, making it a fantastic audio editing application for common users. This tool provides basic and advanced features for an audio editor, including the ability to automatically match the timing of different tracks in a project using "Smart Tempo".
It also lets you edit the timing of a single note in a waveform individually by using the "Flex Time" option without having to slice it out of the clip itself. Also, this sound mixer software also supports almost all the audio formats, such as WAV, AIFF, CAF, PCM, ALAC, AAC, MP3, REX, RCY, and a lot more.
- An amazing array of bundled instruments and effects
- Feature-rich, excellent value, and friendly interface
- Provide a ton of pre-recorded sounds and patches
- Mac version only
- Quite expensive for most users
- The mixer could use larger meters and more flexibility
Top 6. Reaper (Windows & Mac)
Reaper is another audio mixer software for streaming that is powerful and cheaper than other options. It enables you to record audio to stereo or even multichannel audio files directly and capture multiple disks simultaneously for data redundancy. Supporting popular file formats, it deals with ACID, AIFF, AVI, BWF, CDDA, EDL, FLAC, and other formats.
- Completely customizable and straightforward interface
- Support multiple tracks for starters
- Comparatively more affordable than other sound mixing software
- Beginners need time to learn the software
- The UI is not as good as others
Top 7. FL Studio (Windows & Mac)
It is a well-known music mixing tool. Like other top-notch DAWs, FL Studio supports multi-track recording, time-stretching, and pitch shifting. It comes with a mixer that brings features like effects chains, automation, delay compensation, etc.
What's more, this tool mainly aims at music artists, supporting file formats like AIFF, DS, DS, DWP, FLAC, MIDI, MP3, OGG, SF2, Speech, SYN, XI, and WAV. Below is an image of its interface.
- Provide a huge number of instruments
- Support VST standards, so you can basically use any 3rd party plugin
- Come with over 80 plug-ins, such as plug-ins for sample manipulation, compression, synthesis, etc.
- Operation is not simple as other audio mixing tool
- It's a little difficult for beginners to use
Top 8. Ocenaudio (Windows & Mac)
It is an excellent free audio mixer software and editor, providing both online and desktop versions. Compared to other free music mixing software, Ocenaudio has a more remarkable ability to let you preview effects in real-time. Most tools force you to edit the file destructively, modifying the original audio file you are working on. However, with Ocenaudio, you can adjust the playback parameters directly. So when you change effects like reverb in this tool, you can hear the difference right away.
- User-friendly interface, more straightforward than Audacity
- Provide rich and powerful features
- Edit online audio files
- Some users think the interface is a little sparse
2 Online Free Audio Mixer Software for Streaming
Some users don't want to download any music mixer apps on the computer, and given that, an online music mixer is the best solution. 2 great online sound mixer software are introduced in this part.
Top 1. HyaWave
HyaWave is an online sound mixer software, which runs in your internet browser. You can use it to copy, paste, cut, clarity, and crop your audio files in MP3, WAV, and other formats. It supports 18 filters and effects, such as biquad allpass filter, an amplifier with a fixed multiplier, biquad bandpass filter, waveform reverse, and so on. You can load and save the edited audio files in the cloud, apply live effects, and share to social media or via URL. This is ideal if you are recording or editing on the fly and don't want to install large programs on your laptop.
- Best audio mixing software for streaming
- Audio filter customization
- Record live audio files using the built-in audio recorder
- Not supporting multi-tracking
Top 2. Audiotool
Audiotool is a free online audio mixer software with great mixing facilities. This online audio mixing software allows the creation and publication of music tracks. It shares more options with Apple's Garage Band program than most audio editors. You can even record 30-second segments of sound with this online sound mixer software and use it as samples that can then be mixed with digital instruments already built into the Audiotool system.
- In-browser platform, no need to install, and easy to access anywhere
- Dozens of filters, virtual instruments, and effects are available
- Allow creating a MIDI controller
- Only work in Chrome
- Export to MP3 format only
2 Audio Mixing App for Android and iPhone
Apart from some audio mixer programs on the desktop, many sound mixing apps can also assist you in editing audio files. It's more time-saving and efficient. Below are two excellent audio mixer apps you can choose from.
Top 1. MixPad Multitrack Mixer Free
MixPad Multitrack Mixer Free is an audio mixer app, which can record and mix sound for Android. It gives you the tools to mix your audio and music files easily. With this music mixing application, you can make your own music, record a podcast, mix songs, and many more. Most importantly, you can access all power of professional recording and mixing equipment.
- Allow mixing an unlimited number of music, vocal, and audio tracks
- Offer other editing tools like splitting, trimming, copying, pasting, etc.
- Support sample rates from 6 kHz to 96 kHz
- Take too long to load
- The app will freeze occasionally
Availability: Android 4.0.3 and up
Top 2. GarageBand
GarageBand is an sound mixer software for iOS devices. It enables you to mix audio files easily and quickly. Apart from that, it has the ability to edit audio files with many basic and advanced editing tools. Also, It has a set of musical instruments that you can use to create and mix your audio files.
- Offer many instruments sound effects
- Allow you to share your songs online
- Plentiful audio editing tools
- Not available for Android devices
Availability: iOS 12.1 or later
Bonus Tips: 3 Best YouTube Music Mixers
Sometimes you may need to mix some music files and upload them up to social media platforms like YouTube. But which tool can help you mix the music without effort? Three online audio mixer software are given in this part. Select any one from them and make your masterpieces now.
You.DJ is a powerful online music mixer. In this program, you can get all tools that you need to mix music and videos. When you launch it, you can see two turntables and a mixer on the main screen, and play two songs on each turntable and use the mixer to mix them.
This YouTube video editing software also provides many mixed effects, such as the loops, the fx pads, the eq, the sampler, and more. Besides using the provided music, you can also use the downloading YouTube music.
- Effectively mix YouTube music
- Change music speed as you like
- Support directly share on the platform
- Some functions need to pay for it that can use
- Not support cutting music
- Difficulty for beginners
As a great online audio mixer software designed by a team of experienced producers and engineers, Doctormix provides two different online mastering services, Stereo and Stem.
On the one hand, the Stereo Mastering service is for correction, equalization, enhancement, and compression of the audio files. On the other hand, Stem Mastering means having multiple sub-mixes available, which allows more outstanding results. Using this tool, you can create your mixed music and mix audios downloaded from YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and more play platforms.
- Support mixing YouTube music easily
- Offer plenty of musical instruments, such as piano, Rhodes, guitars, and more
- Provide a lot of music styles, include Pop, Rock, EDM, Latin, and more
- With a professional music mix service
- A little expensive
- Some functions do not support free to use
MP3Cut is another free music and sound mixer software. You can use this program to cut and trim audio. This app supports over 300 file formats that you can nearly import all of the music files. Using this program, you do not need to download or install any software. Just click some button that you can mix your music simply. The unique functions of the software are you can mix music to create it as your phone ringtone, even supports mixing YouTube music.
- Capable of extracting music from video
- Support plenty of audio formats
- Creat mobile phone ringtone
- Can not adding mixed effects
- Not support changing music speed
This tutorial shows you the best free audio mixing software to help you process and edit audio files on Windows, Mac, and mobile devices. For users who don't want to download and install programs, you can try the online audio mixing software. But the online tools may not be as functional as the desktop software.
If you have advanced audio editing needs, select the desktop sound mixer software for PC, such as EaseUS Video Editor.
FAQs About Audio Mixer Software
Some questions are related to sound mixing software, and you can continue reading for more helpful information.
1. What is the best audio mixer software?
The top 12 best audio mixing software for Windows and Mac are:
- EaseUS Video Editor
- Adobe Audition
- Logic Pro X
- FL Studio
- MixPad Multitrack Mixer Free
They are audio mixer software for PC and other platforms. All their features, advantages, and disadvantages are displayed. If you need a comprehensive audio mixer and editor, the first one - EaseUS Video Editor would be an intelligent choice.
2. Is there a mixer app for PC??
For the best sound mixer for PC, you can try EaseUS Video Editor. It provides you with rich audio processing options, such as mixing, copying, pasting, converting, extracting subtitles, and so on. It supports all the popular audio formats, including WAV, MP3, M4A, FLAC, AAC, WMA, AU, AIFF, OGG, etc.
3. What audio software do streamers use?
Generally, streamers often use EaseUS Video Editor to enhance the streaming experience without much effort. This software enables users to filter and optimize sound by adjusting levels, enhancing sound with equalization and effects, and recording various mixes. For more advanced features, you can try this mixer.