12 Top CCTV Video Editing Software on Windows/Mac/Online
Crystal Chen updated on Mar 09, 2022 to Video Editing Tips
Although most people believe that you won't need to edit CCTV footage, while sometimes you may want to do it for various reasons. Maybe the sound in your CCTV footage is not clear and you want to improve it? Or maybe you need to add text to your video for the explanation with the viewer. No matter what reason, you can edit CCTV videos easily.
To edit CCTV footage, CCTV video editing software is needed. If you have not yet found a suitable tool to edit CCTV videos, the following are some best software mentioned to edit videos. These tools are available on operating systems including Windows, Mac, and web. Follow this post to know CCTV video editing software free download.
Top 1. EaseUS Video Editor (Windows)
EaseUS Video Editor comes in the first position in the best CCTV video editing software list. The credit for this goes to the developers of the software as they have left no stone unturned to make this into an amazing video editing software.
It offers several features to help edit CCTV and other videos on the desktop. You can use it to split, merge videos, add various items to your videos, and save your videos in various formats. It works as a video converter as well in case the raw footage of your CCTV comes in a rather odd format. The software offers the following main features to its users.
- Split, merge, crop a video, and slow down CCTV videos
- Convert CCTV videos from one format to another
- Add voice narration to videos
- Zoom in your videos
- Add a freeze frame to videos
Catch this chance to download this CCTV video editor!
How to Edit CCTV Videos using EaseUS Video Editor:
Step 1. Select an Aspect Ratio
Download EaseUS Video Editor. Download the software and you will be prompted to choose an aspect ratio for your video file. Select any one from the options available on your screen and continue.
Step 2. Import Your Video into the Software
The second thing you need to do is add your video to the software. You can do it by either dragging and dropping your video file on the software interface or by clicking on "Import" and then "Import file". Make sure to add the video to the timeline as well by clicking on it and choosing "Add to Project".
Step 3. Modify Video and Audio Levels
If your video has color issues or it does not look the way you want, you can fix that by right-clicking on the video and selecting "Edit". Then, choose the options available on your screen to change various levels for your file.
Step 4. Add Music to Your Video
Music is an integral part of videos and you can add it pretty easily to your video file. Click on the "Music" option in the left sidebar and choose from many of the options available on your screen.
Step 5. Make Your Video Smooth
When your video goes from one clip to another, you want to make sure it does it smoothly. One of the ways to ensure that is to add transitions to your video. Click on the "Transitions" option in the sidebar and select from the options on your screen.
Step 6. Save Your Edited Video
The final step is to save your file with all the editings you have done to it. Click on the "Export" option at the top and then choose an appropriate format for your file.
Top 2. Video Editor (Windows)
If you are not looking for fancy items to add to your video, try the built-in Video Editor app on Windows 10. This app allows you to perform some basic video editing tasks on CCTV videos. It can cover the needs of most basic users out there.
You can use it to add text to videos, rearrange your clips, merge and split videos, etc. Since it comes preloaded, you do not need to download or install anything to use it.
- Edit CCTV footage videos easily
- Trim and split videos
- Add 3D effects to videos
- Free video editor without watermark
- Cannot do pro-level editing with it
- It may not support all video formats
- Audio editing is not that great
Top 3. HitFilm Express (Windows)
If you are looking for a simple program that can do wonders, look no further than HitFilm Express. It is one of the best video editing tools you can use to edit CCTV videos. It comes with all the features you would ever need to edit your videos and there are some extra features as well. You can use this program to professionally edit videos, add hundreds of effects to videos, work on unlimited tracks, and so on.
- Over 400+ effects to choose from
- Offer video tutorials
- An unlimited number of tracks and transitions
- Work flawlessly on most computers
- Not all the features are free
- Not good for basic video editing as it is focused on effects-loaded videos
- The program occasionally gets stuck on the main screen
Top 4. Davinci Resolve (Windows)
Davinci Resolve packs all the video editing features for you to use on computers. From the moment you install the software, you will find how easy and intuitive it is to use this program on your machine. You will find all your features laid on a nice and clutter-free interface. You can then pick the tools you want to use in your videos and it will let you do it seamlessly. Using various tools is fairly easy and you can do it without having any prior experience.
- 8K video editing for CCTV videos
- Adjust color levels to improve your CCTV videos
- Manage the sound settings for your videos
- Include a music manager
- Windows 10 video editor
- You need a high-end machine to run this program
- Noise reduction is not offered in the free version
Top 5. iMovie (Mac)
If you are a Mac user, you have one of the best free video editing applications available for your machine. It is called iMovie and it is a completely free app developed and marketed by Apple. You can get the app from the official Mac App Store and use it to perform various editing tasks on your CCTV footage. iMovie can help enhance your CCTV videos by removing unnecessary parts from them, speeding up or slowing down, managing the audio part of your videos, and so on. It is a complete package for most video editing tasks.
- Support for 4K CCTV and other videos
- Exclusively made for iOS and Mac devices
- Easily import files from iTunes and other folders
- CCTV video enhancement software
- Lack some of the pro-level editing features
- You cannot do much precision-level editing
- The interface does not look good on small screens
Top 6. Avidemux (Windows)
If the reason you want CCTV video editing software is that you want to cut, trim, and perform such other basic tasks on your videos, Avidemux could be a great choice. It is a basic level tool but it does wonders at what it has been designed to do. From letting you cut your videos to filtering them, you have all the tools in it that you want from a video editor of this category. Also, all these options are placed on an elegant interface for you to work with.
- Support many file types
- Run scripts to perform tasks
- All basic tools are included
- Best CCTV footage editor
- No regular software updates
- Issues with previewing the filters
- The app crashes when used to preview certain effects
Top 7. Blender (Windows)
While many users believe that Blender was developed to make 3D animations, they forget that the program has a fully-featured video editing interface as well. Besides letting you make 3D animations, it helps edit CCTV videos as well. There are a ton of options to work within this software. You can use it to load your CCTV videos and export them in a completely enhanced way. The interface of this software is also customizable if you want to do that.
- Make 3D animations
- Edit your CCTV videos
- Get both 3D maker and video editor in one package
- Change the interface using Python
- Draw items on your videos
- Get overwhelming for the users who only need a video editor
- Cluttered interface
Top 8. Lightworks (Windows)
Lightworks is a complete package for everyone who wants to edit videos on their computers. Whether you are looking to enhance CCTV videos or add some extra content to them, this tool will help you do that with ease on a computer. It comes with a range of features including the ability to trim your videos, use VFX, add wide frame videos, and export your videos in various formats. You can also get a ton of free content with this software.
- Extremely easy to use the timeline
- Use many royalty-free items in your CCTV videos
- Export videos to various video formats
- Make your CCTV videos compatible with all the platforms out there
- CCTV footage editing software
- The free version offers limited features
- There is no content analyzer in the software
- No project sharing options
Top 9. Clideo Video Adjuster (Online)
If there are not too many CCTV videos to be edited, you could use one of the online video editors to enhance your footage. Clideo Video Adjuster can let you refine your CCTV videos without having to download or install anything. All you need is to head over to their site, upload your video, and start editing your CCTV video with many tools. You can use the tool to adjust various levels for your videos including brightness and saturation.
- A completely web-based CCTV video editing tool
- Clean and user-friendly interface
- Support for various effects for your videos
- Not suitable for large CCTV videos
Top 10. Adobe Spark (Online)
Adobe has been a popular name in the creative world and they have an online tool called Adobe Spark to help edit your content online. The tool has a video editor built that lets you edit all kinds of videos including CCTV videos. As it uses the robust Adobe infrastructure, all your loading tools load in no time and you are ready to start enhancing your CCTV footage. It includes all major features like a video trimmer, video resizer, and so on.
- Fast-loading online video editor
- Edit and add music to your videos
- Add text and narration to your CCTV videos
- CCTV video footage editing software
- Add a watermark to your videos
- Sometimes the interface gets buggy
Top 11. Panzoid Video Editor (Online)
Unlike many other online video editors, Panzoid Video Editor follows more of a Photoshop-like approach to help add and edit videos in your web browsers. It has a smartly designed interface that keeps many of the tool's functions and you can access these features pretty easily on the main interface. There is a live preview option that lets you preview the changes. You also have a multi-track timeline where you can arrange and work with multiple of your files at any given time.
- Multiple editing tracks
- Render your video on computer and cloud
- Pro-level editing for free
- Delete video and other functions
- Sometimes it takes forever to load the interface
- The interface is obsolete
- You cannot add files from cloud storages
Top 12. ClipChamp (Online)
ClipChamp has many templates to choose from to edit CCTV videos. No matter what style you like, this tool has most layouts covered and you should find at least a few options for the design that you like for your videos. Once the main interface loads, you will find a fully-featured toolset on the left-hand side of your screen. That is where you can choose and work with various tools. There is a desktop tool like a timeline as well that holds your files for you while editing them.
- Many prebuilt styles to choose from
- Export your video in various resolutions
- Multiple aspect ratios support
- Free stock footage to add to your CCTV videos
- Some features require a purchase
- The free version adds a watermark to your videos
- The interface could have used some bigger icons
If you look for CCTV video editing software free download, our guide has given you a ton of great options to choose from. If you use Windows as your primary operating system, EaseUS Video Editor is the one you should go to edit CCTV videos. For other platforms, you can pick one from the options suggested above. Now, for Windows users, download this video editor!