How to Burn a CD on Windows 10/8/7
Jane Zhou updated on Nov 08, 2023 to Audio Editing Tips
You may want to burn a CD for many purposes, such as making a CD of your favorite album in order to share it with your friends, making a CD for a presentation, or creating a copy of your favorite songs. No matter what you want to do with the burned CD, you need to first learn some skills to burn your favorite songs onto a CD.
To burn a music CD on a Windows computer, you have three options - using a CD burner, using Windows Media Player, or using iTunes. Each of these methods has its advantages and limitations. And we will provide you with an explanation for each pro and con so that you can choose the right method that best suits your needs.
Tip 1. How to Burn a CD on Windows 10/8/7 with a CD Burner
If you need to burn or rip a CD regularly, your best option is to install a CD burner on your computer. In that way, you can burn any songs to a CD or rip contents from discs you already have onto your computer whenever you want. There are a lot of such tools in the market, and this all-in-one CD burner - EaseUS MakeMyAudio is one of the best options you can have. EaseUS MakeMyAudio comes with a CD burner and CD ripper to help you handle basic burning and ripping tasks.
Not only that, it also comes with many additional editing tools that allow you to edit MP3 files and create your songs. These tools include:
- Audio Recorder - Record streaming audio from music sites, video platforms, radio stations.
- Audio Cutter - Cut MP3 and WAV files to create ringtones, make mash-ups, or music clips.
- Audio Joiner - Merge multiple songs into one.
- Audio Converter - Convert audio files between two different formats.
- Video to MP3 - Extract MP3 files from videos.
- ID3 Tag Editor - Edit tag metadata.
If you want to give it a try, you can download it on your computer and follow this simple tutorial to burn a CD.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS MakeMyAudio on your PC and choose "CD Burner" from its main screen.
Step 2. From the top menu, click "Add Files" to import the audio files you wish to burn onto a CD.
Step 3. Click "Start" to start the burning process and wait for the process to finish.
Step 4. Once it's completed, you see a prompt that says the process has finished.
Tip 2. How to Burn Songs from iTunes to a CD
iTunes also enables you to burn songs to a CD. But it only supports burning songs that are authorized to play through your iTunes account to CDs. It doesn't support burning protected content like those downloaded from Apple Music. What's more, one playlist can be used to burn 5 CDs only. If you exceed this number, you'll need to create a new playlist to burn more CDs.
After knowing that, you can follow these steps to create a playlist and burn a CD with iTunes. By the way, this method also can be applied to burn a CD on a Mac.
Step 1. Create a playlist in iTunes
- Open your iTunes on the computer.
- Select the "File" menu in the upper left corner.
- From the drop-down list, choose "New," and then select "Playlist."
- Then, a new playlist will appear in the left panel of iTunes, and you can rename it and press "Enter" to save your changes.
Step 2. Add songs to the playlist
- Go to your iTunes Library.
- Find the song you wish to add to the playlist, and then drag and drop it onto the playlist you create. Or you can also place your cursor on the song and click on the three dots next to it, select "Add to Playlist," and then choose the name of the playlist you create.
Step 3. Burn a CD
- Insert a blank CD into your computer.
- Go back to your iTunes, and choose "File" from the top menu.
- Select "Burn Playlist to Disc."
- Then, a window will pop up to ask you to confirm the settings. You can adjust the speed, choose Disc format, control the gaps of silence between songs, etc.
- Once you've done it, click "Burn."
Tip 3. How to Burn a CD with Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player is a native media player built into Windows computers. It comes with some simple editing tools, one of which is to burn a CD. Here is how it works to burn a CD.
Step 1. Insert a blank disc into your computer.
Step 2. Open the Windows Media Player window on your computer.
Step 3. In the upper right corner of the screen, choose the Burn tab.
Step 4. Click the Burn options button and select "Audio CD."
Step 5. Browse your library to select songs that you want to burn onto a CD. Once you've chosen, drag the items to the right pane to create a burn list.
Step 6. Click on "Start burn" to start the burn process.
Tip 4. How to Burn a CD from Google Play
Actually, you can't burn a CD from Google Play because Google Play doesn't offer any burning service. But you can achieve your goal in a roundabout way, which is to download songs from Google Play on your computer and then either use EaseUS MakeMyAudio or Windows Media Player to burn a CD.
Now, let's start with downloading music from Google Play, and then you can use any of the methods introduced above to burn a CD.
Step 1. Open a new web browser and head to https://music.google.com.
Step 2. Log in to your Google account with your information.
Step 3. Click the "Music Library" tab.
Step 4. Click the "Albums" or "Songs" tab at the top of the screen.
Step 5. Place your mouse cursor over a song and click the three vertical dots.
Step 6. Choose "Download" or "Download Album."
The Final Words
All methods that can be used to burn a CD have been listed above. Based on your needs, you can choose any one of them to burn a CD. EaseUS MakeMyAudio is suitable for users who need to edit music or burn a CD regularly. And Windows Media Player is more ideal for users who want to burn a CD at once. And if you want to burn a CD from iTunes or Google Play, you can also find the way from this guide.