Jane is an experienced editor for EaseUS focused on tech blog writing. Familiar with all kinds of video editing and screen recording software on the market, she specializes in composing posts about recording and editing videos. All the topics she chooses are aimed at providing more instructive information to users.…Read full bio
Melissa is a sophisticated editor for EaseUS in tech blog writing. She is proficient in writing articles related to screen recording, voice changing, and PDF file editing. She also wrote blogs about data recovery, disk partitioning, and data backup, etc.…Read full bio
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.…Read full bio
Gorilla joined EaseUS in 2022. As a smartphone lover, she stays on top of Android unlocking skills and iOS troubleshooting tips. In addition, she also devotes herself to data recovery and transfer issues.…Read full bio
"Hi readers, I hope you can read my articles with happiness and enjoy your multimedia world!"…Read full bio
Larissa has rich experience in writing technical articles and is now a professional editor at EaseUS. She is good at writing articles about multimedia, data recovery, disk cloning, disk partitioning, data backup, and other related knowledge. Her detailed and ultimate guides help users find effective solutions to their problems. She is fond of traveling, reading, and riding in her spare time.…Read full bio
Rel has always maintained a strong curiosity about the computer field and is committed to the research of the most efficient and practical computer problem solutions.…Read full bio
Dawn Tang is a seasoned professional with a year-long record of crafting informative Backup & Recovery articles. Currently, she's channeling her expertise into the world of video editing software, embodying adaptability and a passion for mastering new digital domains.…Read full bio
Sasha is a girl who enjoys researching various electronic products and is dedicated to helping readers solve a wide range of technology-related issues. On EaseUS, she excels at providing readers with concise solutions in audio and video editing.…Read full bio
Page Table of Contents
While GIFs are one of the best ways to express something, there is one thing that we will always miss—Sound. Add music to GIF makes it unique and attractive. This post shares some excellent tools to create GIF with sound. You can easily create it on Windows and Mac using these tools. Keep on reading to learn more detailed information.
What is a GIF with Sound Called?
That said, GIF file with sound is extremely popular. There are websites dedicated to such GIFs. They are widely used to share birthday wishes, sarcastic expressions, etc. Since GIFs will never have sound, you need to use editors to edit GIF with audio. Some tools listed in the post can help create a small video from it. It is evident that it will be short but will have sound. Any standard software should make it run in a loop to make it look like a GIF file.
So, what should be done to make an animation with music? There are two ways - WebM or MP4. Both files can be placed on a website and browser. While the WebM files are for browsers, MP4 files can be played on any platform. These formats include images and sound, and they are as small and short as GIFs.
How to Make a GIF with Sound on Windows
This part includes two editors for Windows. Do note that the applications will create video files instead of GIF files.
1. EaseUS Video Editor
EaseUS Video Editor is a professional video editor that offers audio, video, and image editing tools. It is a perfect tool to get started if you are a beginner and want to apply functions with video editing. This tool offers over 300+ effects, including background audio, and supports the high-quality format, and social media integration.
When using it, you can either use an existing GIF file and add audio to it or first create a GIF file from the images you own and then add audio to it. It works both ways. Also, it can be a birthday video maker to add sound to the file.
- Split, trim, cut, and crop GIF
- Create a happy birthday GIF
- Add music to video on Windows PC
- Offer effects like elements, transitions, filters, etc.
- Best GIF maker and editing software
Catch this chance to download this GIF editor on Windows! No registration is required.
Add sound to GIF using EaseUS Video Editor:
Step 1. Import the GIF File
You can add multiple photos and even custom audio files as background audio. Since the sequence is important for GIF files, make sure to add GIFs in the right sequence. You can either drag and drop them to the timeline or click the plus icon.
Step 2. Import the Music File
This video editor offers various background music which you can download and apply it to the imported file. Align them correctly to the length of the images or GIFs.
Step 3. Export the GIF with Sound
To achieve the same what a GIF can achieve, ensure to keep it short. When exporting the file, select the output format.
2. Windows Photo App
Windows Photos App is a built-in video editor that helps create an image file with audio. This software supports a wide variety of formats and background audio. Since the software is easy to use and preinstalled, it becomes easy to access it right away. Also, it is preinstalled on PC. You can download it from Microsoft Store if you cannot find it in the Start menu.
Create a GIF file with sound via Windows Photo App:
- Step 1. Open Photo. Add images and GIF files into in. You can also download images from the built-in Bing integration.
- Step 2. Next, drag each image into the timeline, which is called storyboard here. Each image gets its section, which adds a specific audio file to each image. Once you have set the sequence of the image, click the Background Music option on top of the preview to download and apply it.
- Step 3. Video Editor offers additional tools such as adding text, 3D effects, filters, and title cards.
- Step 4. Click Finish video next to Custom audio. It will open the export options where you can choose the quality of the video. Under More, you can choose to disable hardware acceleration if your PC is not powerful.
How to Create a GIF with Sound on Mac
Two options are provided in this part, and you can choose one of them based on your choice.
iMovie is a free yet excellent app for macOS users that can be installed from the App store. This app is a full-fledged video editor that can create movies, trailers, and GIFs with audio. It also offers a non-linear timeline to add multiple images and background audio to combine them into one.
How to Create a GIF File with Sound:
- Step 1. Open iMovie App and add the images into the media tab or directly into the timeline. Next, choose from the available background audio or add one from your MacBook.
- Step 2. To make sure the GIF creates the effect you are looking for, align both image and the audio file. You can also choose to add effects, increase the speed of the files, and manage audio so it sounds best.
- Step 3. Once you are done creating a useful GIF, it's time to export it to be shared everywhere. Make sure to choose the output quality, depending on which social media sites you plan to upload.
Shotcut is a professional video editor, which is also a cross-platform editor. It offers support for a large variety of audio and video format. In addition, it offers native timeline editing, webcam capture, audio capture, network stream playback, and more. When it comes to editing, it also offers color, text, noise generators as well.
Look at this guide on creating a GIF file with sound:
- Step 1. Open the Shotcut video editor and import the GIF file into the software. If you are planning to create a GIF file out of images, you can add that too.
- Step 2. Right-click on the menu at the bottom left and select "Add an audio track". Then align both of them together. It is where you manipulate the images and adjust the audio track.
- Step 3. Finally, export the GIF with audio. Ensure to keep the GIF as small as possible so the final video serves the same purpose as the GIF file.
How to Make a GIF with Sound Online
Look at this part on how to make a GIF file with audio with online services.
Kapwing is one of the brilliant online editors that can help get effects timelines, sense, background audio, and features available in software editors. The service offers a dedicated service using which you can create audio in GIF in three steps. It's also easy to make a YouTube GIF file with sound.
Create a GIF file with audio with this online service:
- Step 1. Open the audio to the online service and upload the GIF file.
- Step 2. Next, you can use the audio section to upload audio on your computer or extract from a YouTube video or try a sample. You can always adjust the length and part of the audio mixed with the final GIF file.
- Step 3. You can choose to add effects, add GIF files, and subtitles. Once done, click publish to download the file.
2. Gif Sound
Gif Sound is an online service that takes a straightforward approach to mix GIF files and audio files. There is no editor, no resources, but a combiner. It is also an excellent place to find some funny GIF files. It is instead a mashup tool that you will enjoy using. You can even create a singing happy birthday GIF with sound.
Look at this guide on making a GIF file with audio:
- Step 1. Open the website, and it offers two input boxes. The first is where you place the GIF URL, and the second is the link for sound. Once you add the links, set the start and end time, and then click the combine button.
- Step 2. Finally, click the download button to get the file.
Now, you have experienced all the tools to create GIFs with sound on Windows, EaseUS Video Editor is the best tool you can try. It offers a full-fledged video editor that can do almost anything when editing video, image, and audio files - it is the easiest and the best choice for Windows beginners. Now, click the button below to download it!
FAQs About GIF with Sound
Keep on reading this post to learn more information.
1. How do you add sound to a GIF on the iPhone?
The best way to add sound to a GIF file is to use the iMovie app on the iPhone. It's free software where you can use an existing GIF file or set of images. Then you can add background audio and create a small MP4 file.
2. How do I post a GIF file with Sound?
Any website which can play WebM or MP4 is a suitable place to post a GIF file with Sound. YouTube and Facebook are the best examples that allow users to upload images with sound files. Once uploaded, anybody on YouTube or Facebook can play the image with the sound effect that was added to the file.
3. Is posting GIFs is the same as posting videos?
Yes, it is. Like how we upload an image to most social websites, you can upload GIFs to websites like Reddit, Facebook, YouTube, and more. Since these GIFs with audio are small files, you will be able to upload them quickly without consuming a lot of bandwidth. The websites support the format, so you don't need any special player to view them. It will focus on the mobile application and even on the browser.