- 1.How to Edit the Video Colors for Free
- 2.Top 3 Best MKV Subtitles Extractor to Export Subtitles from MKV Easily
- 3.Top 6 Best Free Video Cropper Without Watermark [Online/Offline]
- 4.Top 4 Ways to Remove Background from Video Easily
- 5.6 Ways | How to Increase Video Volume Online/Windows 10
- 6.How to Make a Video Transparent in Background
Top 8 GIF Cropper: How to Crop a GIF Easily in 2023
Melissa Lee updated on Mar 15, 2023 | Home > Video Editing Tips
When it comes to GIFs, one of the things people want to learn is how to crop a GIF. You can easily crop your other image types like PNG in Photoshop and such other apps. However, when it comes to cropping a GIF, you need to make sure the file retains its animation even after it has been edited.
It is totally possible to crop a GIF, and here we will show you the top 8 GIF cropper on Windows, Mac, mobile phones, and online. Just continue reading to find the option that is most likely to meet your needs.
Top 8 GIF Cropper on Windows/Mac/iPhone/Android/Online:
- EaseUS Video Editor (Windows)
- PicsArt GIF & Sticker Maker (iPhone)
- GIF Maker - GIF Editor (Android)
- GIF Maker (Android)
- GIFs (Online)
- GIFGIFs (Online)
- Preview (Mac)
- EZGIF (Online)
Top 1. EaseUS Video Editor
Many of you out there might think that EaseUS Video Editor is only a video editing program and that it can do nothing more than that. However, that is not true. The video editing software is a full package that helps edit videos and lets you split GIF into frames on your computer.
It is capable of handling GIF image types in addition to handling various video formats. You can import your images into this software and have them cropped the way you desire. Then, when you are done, you can export your file as an animated GIF. It retains the animation while also keeping your cropped editing.
- Compatible with animated GIF images
- Import GIFs as you would import a video file
- Add cool effects to video
- Export your edited GIF as an animated image
- Includes all other video editing tools as well
You can even use this too to make your GIF files more impressive. For instance, you can add text to GIF in a few clicks. Don't hesitate to download this all-in-one software. Click on the button to download it now.
How to Crop a GIF on Windows:
If you would be interested in learning how to crop a GIF with EaseUS Video Editor, the following steps should teach you how to do it.
Step 1. Import a GIF to crop
Download and install the EaseUS Video Editor app on your computer. The first thing you need to do is to add your GIF image to the app. Click on the "Import" option and select "Import file" to do so.
Step 2. Add GIF to project
Then, right-click on the imported file and choose "Add to Project".
Step 3. Crop the GIF
Your GIF image is now ready to be cropped. Click on the image in your timeline to select it, click on the "Edit" menu at the top, and choose "Crop".
You will immediately see a larger version of your image along with the handlers letting you crop it. Move the handlers to crop your image the way you want. When you are done, click on the "OK" button.
Step 4. Export cropped GIF
You now need to save the cropped version of your GIF. To do it, click on the "Export" button at the top. Make sure you are in the “Video” tab. Then, click on the "GIF" option to export your image as a GIF file.
Your cropped GIF should be available to view on your computer.
Top 2. PicsArt GIF & Sticker Maker
PicsArt GIF & Sticker Maker is an amazing GIF cropper. It allows you to do both create and edit GIF images on your devices. It is available for the iPhone as well-meaning you can crop your GIF images on your device without using any third-party websites. First, you need to load your file into the app and then use the Fit option to crop your image.
- Allow you to combine videos, images, GIFs into one animated GIF
- Unique animated masks
- Awesome filters and effects
- Enable you to add text and captions using different fonts
Top 3. GIF Maker - GIF Editor
GIF Maker - GIF Editor is another GIF cropper app that allows you to crop an animated GIF on your devices easily. It helps you add over 200 images to create a GIF, and then you can cut and crop your image the way you desire on your phone. Besides, it helps remove GIF background as well if that is something you are looking to do.
- Add over 100 funny stickers to your GIF
- Create GIF from video in social network
- Remove the background of animated GIFs
- Share the GIF with your friends with one click
Top 4. GIF Maker
GIF Maker is a feature-rich app that helps you turn GIF into frames. GIFs on your phone and lets you edit the existing ones stored on your device. You can use it to cut and crop your GIFs and change many other elements of your images with it. It can also help convert videos to GIF if you want to do it.
- Convert video clip to GIF
- Record video from webcam and convert it to GIF
- Reduce the file size of GIF with multiple quality options
- Make GIF with transparent/black/white background
Top 5. GIFs
If you are looking for a web-based tool to split your GIF, you can use the GIFs web app to do the task. "GIFs" is an online GIF cropper. You can access this site from any browser on your computer, and you can then upload your GIF image and have it cropped the way you want. It is a completely free-to-use web app that requires no installation.
- Easy to use interface
- Upload GIFs to social media platforms directly like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Support rotating and blurring GIFs easily
Top 6. GIFGIFs
GIFGIFs is another online GIF trimmer that helps you crop a GIF online. All you need is an active Internet connection and access to a browser. You can then upload the file you want to crop, specify the crop options, and your edited image will be ready to be downloaded to your computer.
- Completely free for everyone
- Easy to use
- Allow you to add text to the GIF, flip, reverse, and crop an animated GIF
Top 7. Preview
If you are a Mac user, you already have an app installed on your machine that lets you crop a GIF with ease. It is called Preview, and besides letting you view your images, it helps perform basic edit operations and photos. You can open your GIF in the app and use the crop tool available in the toolbar to crop the animated GIF.
- Extremely convenient for Mac users
- No need to download a GIF cropper software
Top 8. EZGIF
EZGIF is one of the most popular online tools to crop a GIF on your machines, and it lets you do both upload your GIF files and fetch them from a web address. Once the image is uploaded, you can use the crop tool to crop it the way you desire. The resulting file can then be downloaded and saved to your computer in a short time.
- A simple online GIF cropper to trim an animated GIF
- Enable you to resize, rotate, and add text to the GIF
- Offer a lot of special effects
If your GIF image has any extra elements, cropping GIF will help remove those unnecessary parts from your image. Our listicle above on some of the best GIF croppers will help you find a suitable app for yourself to edit and crop a GIF on your devices.
For Windows users, we strongly recommend EaseUS Video Editor. It can not only help you crop an animated GIF but offer many editing tools to modify your videos with ease. Download it, and it will never disappoint you!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have other questions, you can refer to this part.
1. Can you crop an animated GIF?
Yes, you can absolutely crop an animated GIF using various apps available out there. The detailed tutorial steps you need to take to crop an animated GIF depend on the GIF cropper you choose.
2. How do you crop a GIF on the iPhone?
You can use an app like PicsArt GIF & Sticker Maker to crop GIFs on an iPhone.
3. How do I cut a GIF?
You can cut a GIF using any app that helps you crop a GIF. Here you can try a wonderful GIF cropper called EaseUS Video Editor, and you can move to the beginning of this article to check the detailed tutorials.
4. How do I crop a GIF into a circle?
You can use the EaseUS Video Editor app and crop your GIF into a circle shape.