- 1.Free | How to Convert M4A to OGG on Windows 10/Mac/Online
- 2.How to Convert Voice Memo to MP3 in Seconds
- 3.How to Convert M4A to MP3 on a Mac with/Without iTunes
- 4.WAV vs WMA: What's the Difference [With Table]
- 5.WMA vs. MP3: What's the Difference & How to Convert
- 6.5 Methods | How to Convert YouTube to AAC
2022 | Easily Convert FLAC to AIFF on Windows 10/Mac/Online
Jane Zhou updated on Mar 18, 2022 to Video Converter Tips
For an audiophile, you will definitely value your music quality very much. There are many audio file formats in the market, and you may be confused about choosing which one. If you get an AIFF file, convert it to a format that has broad compatibility is necessary. In this article, you can learn how to convert FLAC to AIFF and the differences between them. At the end of this article, you can decide which one is better for you.
Quick Comparison of AIFF and FLAC
Before we begin, you need to know which are the main differences between AIFF and FLAC.
- 1. Compatibility: AIFF has limited compatibility. It is mainly used in Apple devices. FLAC has broad compatibility.
- 2. Space: AIFF's use of space is similar to large WAV files. FLAC uses compression to reduce file size.
- 3. Usability: AIFF is not as widely used as FLAC due to file size and compatibility issues. FLAC has superb usability since it can be used across devices.
- 4. Sound Quality: AIFF has an excellent quality like WAV files. Even though FLAC has good quality, many experts believe that AIFF is better.
- 5. Availability: AIFF is rarely available to be downloaded online and FLAC can be easily downloaded online.
- 6. Users: AIFF is mainly used by producers and sound engineers. FLAC is for common users.
- 7. Sharing: AIFF is not commonly supported by most music-sharing platforms. FLAC has extensive support via platforms.
Convert FLAC to AIFF on Windows 10
Here are two converting tools that you can choose. Both are functional and time-saving.
Tool 1. EaseUS Video Converter
Supporting 1000+ video and audio formats. this Windows converting software can deal with your FLAC files easily. One function is to convert FLAC to AIFF easily. Also, you can manage your media files effectively, such as combining several FLAC files into one file. At the same time, it's optional to choose the quality of audio files.
Also, it's time saving to apply the batch converting function. Without losing quality, you can get the file quickly.
- Combine different media files into one single file
- Allow batch converting function to increase efficiency
- Convert FLAC to audio formats like AC3, AAC, OGG, AMR, etc.
- 30X faster converting speed to enhance converting ability
Now, download this tool and start your conversion!
How to convert FLAC file to AIFF:
Step 1. Download and launch this program. Next, select the "Audio Converter" option from the left sidebar for audio conversion, and click "Choose Files" to import the audio file.
Step 2. Click the gear icon to select your output audio format at the bottom. Besides, you can change the saving path, enable the high-speed conversion, GPU acceleration, or merging functions if needed here.
Step 3. You can click the "Edit" button to change the file name, bitrate, sample rate, and other settings for your output file.
Step 4. Once done, you can click the "Convert" or "Convert All" button to begin your audio conversion.
Tool 2. Switch Audio Converter
It's not easy to find the best tool to make FLAC to AIFF conversion on Windows 10. Here you can choose Switch Audio Converter. You can play and convert media files in this tool. What's more, it has plenty of converting formats such as AAC, APE, M4A, etc. At the same time, the importing path could be the Cloud service.
Here is a list of steps to make this conversion on Windows 10:
Step 1. To import the FLAC file, choose "Add File(s)". By choosing the arrow-down button, you can also import files from Cloud services.
Step 2. Find "Output format" and click it. Scroll down the menu and choose AIFF as the output format. Meanwhile, choose "Browse" to set the saving path.
Step 3. Finally, press "Convert" to start the conversion task. Then, you can save the file on your computer.
Convert FLAC to AIFF on Mac
One of the best converters on Mac is XLD Converter. This music converter can play various "lossless" audio formats, and convert FLAC to several audio formats, including AIFF. XLD is one of the most widely used tools and supports over 30+ audio formats, making it easy to convert audio formats to several other files depending on your needs.
It can extract audio files from video and then convert them to the audio format you want. By using XLD, you can easily adjust the settings of the output audio files with its audio encoder, sample rate, channels, audio bit rate, etc. Also, this software can analyze files and split each song from a large FLAC file so that you can enjoy music conveniently on your devices.
Converting FLAC to AIFF using XLD:
Step 1. Open XLD on your Mac. Click "XLD" at the top menu and then select "Preferences".
Step 2. In the pop-up windows, click "Output Format" and select "AIFF" from the list.
Step 3. Click "File" at the top toolbar, and then choose "Open". Locate the audio tracks that you want to convert and import them to the program. It will automatically convert the songs.
Convert FLAC to AIFF Online
To avoid installing any third-party software, you can always use an online tool for FLAC to AIFF conversion. A fantastic online converter is AConvert. With a simple interface, you can convert the audio tracks in seconds. Also, you can select the target format, audio bitrate, and sample rate. It's helpful to improve the conversion rate of your audio tracks.
Here is a list of steps on how to convert FLAC file to AIFF using AConvert:
Step 1. Open the AConvert site and click "Choose Files" to locate the audio tracks on your computer.
Step 2. Select the Target format and other characteristics of your conversion.
Step 3. Click "Convert Now!" to begin the conversion. Once it's done, download the file to your computer.
Here, you learn about the common characteristics of FLAC and AIFF formats. As you just read, there are several differences between them. Nevertheless, both of them are widely used in today's world. If you need to carry out conversions between FLAC and AIFF audio tracks, you can use different tools on Windows, Mac, and online tools.
For Windows users, try EaseUS Video Converter!
FAQs About Converting FLAC to AIFF
Keep on reading this part if you want to know more about this conversion.
1. Is AIFF better than FLAC？
Both files are different, making it harder to compare. As mentioned before, AIFF has excellent quality due to its similarity to WAV files. It is considered to be better in this aspect than FLAC.
2. Can I use FLAC files in logic？
Yes. You need to create a Software Instrument track and add your High-Quality FLAC reference music.