- 1.(2023 Updated!) Top 7 Best Scream Voice Changer
- 2.Top 6 Best Voice Changer for Stream (Real-Time)
- 3.Top 5 Girl Voice Changer [Apps & Online]
- 4.[2023 Updated!] 8 Voice Changer WhatsApp Users Want
- 5.Top 6 Best Voice Changer for Gaming (Full Review)
- 6.Top 4 Best Optimus Prime Voice Changer (Detailed Review)
6 Professional OBS Voice Changer for Live Streaming
Jane Zhou updated on Mar 17, 2023 | Home > Voice Changer Tips
OBS is one of the leading video editing and capture software in the world today. Many streamers, gamers, and YouTubers employ it as their primary content-creating tool. However, it does lack a voice-editing or filtration option.
That's why people need a third-party OBS voice changer, which allows them to alter their voice alongside the main tool (OBS). So, why do you need an extra voice-altering tool? And which tool is the best for this today? Let's find out.
Top 1. VoiceMod
VoiceMod is one of the premier voice changers for gaming of this era. Streamers and gamers love this tool because of its ability to morph your voice by integrating alongside any games or tools such as OBS. Therefore, it's the best option you have today to use for live streaming.
On top of that, the tool offers high customizability, which allows you to alter any voice or sound effects present within it. So, you can tweak around until you feel something is realistic and matches your real voice. Besides that, you can integrate this soundboard into your stream deck as well.
- Stream deck integration
- Integration with Discord, Zoom, and games
- Customizable voice features
- In-built sound mixer
- Noise cancellation
- Easy customizability
- Feature-rich but minimalistic design
- Advanced customization
- Headroom for customizing existing effects
- No Mac support yet
- Not many voices for females
Top 2. MorphVox
MorphVox is one of the premium tools which has been around for years. It's also one of the main tools gamers and streamers use, and it works flawlessly alongside OBS. On top of that, this tool has a lot of great options besides just the custom voice filters.
It allows you to integrate various background sounds and sound effects into your stream. Besides that, it offers a very easy key binding method, which allows you to integrate it with your keyboard keys or stream deck. Therefore, if you wish to use a tool that makes it easier, then this one is a good option.
- HQ Noise cancellation
- Software and game integration
- Built-in voice effects
- Customizable sound effects
- Very light on CPU & Ram
- Very easy to use
- Hundreds of potential sound effects
- The free version has limited voice effects
- Not the most affordable
Top 3. NCH Voice Changer
NCH Voice Changer is another professional-level voice changer with various voice filters. The software offers many great options, but perhaps the best feature of this tool is its ability to work seamlessly with OBS—or any other streaming tool.
The extensive free version of this tool also allows you to try it alongside your stream, so you can figure it out before buying it. On top of that, it has over 40 voice effects and many more sound effects. And, since all of them are customizable, NCH Voxal Voice changers are one of the best streamers options.
- Effects applicable on pre-recorded clips
- Morphs voice with real-time effect application
- Various customizable sound effects
- Create customized sound effects from scratch
- More than 40 voice effects
- Supports hotkeys/key binding
- Very user-friendly design
- Partial free use
- Saves files in the ".Voxal" format
Top 4. VoiceMeeter
VoiceMeeter is a professional-level audio mixer that allows you to tweak your sound in many ways—not just the voice. This tool takes total command of your audio input and output, including speakers, headphones, mics, etc. Therefore, this one is meant for those who love to tweak the sound.
However, there's also a downside to it, as it's very technical and not exactly an ideal option for beginners. But, the ability to work with OBS makes it one of the best options today, as it allows you to customize your voice and sound in any way that you deem fit.
- Virtual sound card/multi-channel sound system
- Advanced voice/sound mixer
- Voice-over-IP access
- Apply sound effects over voice
- A very detailed mixer
- Hundreds of potential filters
- Supports multiple inputs (Microphones)
- Very complex to use
- Not ideal for a new user
Top 5. AV Voice Changer
AV Voice Changer is another leading tool and one of the veterans in the voice-changing business. This tool has been around for years, and it was originally meant to work alongside games and calling tools like Skype. Nowadays, it's a full-fledged voice changer with many great options.
Needless to say, it also works really well with OBS and allows you to morph your voice from its many sound effects. However, the UI design might be a bit of a turn-off for some, as it seems outdated. Yet, the simple design also makes it very light on your resources like CPU and RAM
- More than 30 voice effects
- 70 background effects
- Voice filter and morphing
- Recording and voice editor
- Plenty of voice effects
- Very easy to use
- Convenient customization
- UI design is outdated
- The user-support is non-existent
Top 6. Clownfish Voice Changer
Clownfish Voice Changer is one of the simplest and perhaps the easiest tools to use on this list. If you don't like meddling with audio too much, this tool is ideal for you. While it does offer a few intriguing options, it keeps things simple for the most part.
You get around 14 voice effects, but you can customize and save them into however many you like. Besides that, it's very light in nature and doesn't interfere with other tools, so you can use it freely with OBS.
- Customized voice changing
- Supports OBS, Skype, Discord, and Steam
- Vocoder + sound effect customizer
- Customizable Microphone presets
- Noise cancellation
- 14 realistic voice filters
- Easy customizability
- Custom voice options
- Some voice effects need work
- Outdated UI & customizability presets
The Bottom Line
These are some of the best OBS voice changers that you can use in 2023. While OBS itself is a bit hefty, these tools will make it easier for you to use together without any issues. All of them offer intriguing options and outstanding quality in sound filtration.
Besides that, each tool can help you create your own custom sound effects. However, suppose you wish for an all-around yet effective solution. In that case, VoiceMod is perhaps the best option, as it's affordable, easy to use, and works ideally with OBS.
OBS Voice Changer FAQs
Have you got more questions? Find their answers here:
1. How do I change my voice on OBS?
OBS itself doesn't have a voice filtration or voice-changing feature. Therefore, you're going to have to use a third-party tool like VoiceMod to morph your voice through a different or customized filter successfully.
2. Does OBS studio have a voice changer?
OBS does not have a voice changer or filter option. You can use a few noise-cancellation filters, but they are not the same as a voice changer. Therefore, if you wish to change your voice, you will need a third-party tool.
3. What voice changer do streamers use?
VoiceMod is one of the leading tools used by streamers for audio and sound effects—alongside OBS for capture. This tool has many fixtures, and it's quite easy to use. Therefore, it's ideal for streamers who cannot afford to spend resources like CPU or RAM.
4. How do I use voice AI on OBS?
You will need a third-party AI-based voice changer to use alongside OBS. The best AI-based voice changer today is VoiceMod. Therefore, using it alongside OBS is the best option you have to mask/morph your voice using AI filters.