Top 9 Best Video Resolution Converter Free Download
Jane Zhou updated on Oct 14, 2021 to Video Converter Tips
Many times, you might upload a video with high-resolution to your device, but it does not open. So, you need to reduce the resolution to make it playable. If you work from home, any instructional video with high resolution would be clunky, and you must lower the resolution.
No matter what your scenario is, high-resolution videos are problematic as they take a longer time to upload, and larger disk space to save, and sometimes lower the device's speed. In this article, we will explain the top 9 best video resolution converter for Windows, Mac, and online that you can trust blindly. Let's explore them in detail!
Top 9 Free Download Video Resolution Converters for Free Download
- #1. EaseUS Video Converter
- #2. HandBrake
- #3. VSDC Free Video Converter
- #4. FreeMake Video Converter
- #5. VLC Media Player
- #6. DivX Software
- #7. DVDVideo Soft
- #8. Online-Convert
- #9. Online Video Converter
The first recommended video resolution converter is EaseUS Video Converter, which is a beneficial tool on PC. You can change the resolution easily, from Auto to 4096*2160. At the same time, it's easy to change more options like the frame rate, bitrate, and encoder. The quality can be changed from Low to High.
Besides changing its resolution, this tool offers 1000+ formats for conversions. For example, when having an MP4 file, you can get MOV, MKV, M4V, FLV, etc. Here are more functions that you can follow.
- Support 1000+ formats for conversions
- Combine all media clips into one single file
- Batch conversion to deal with more than one file
- Convert audio to video with ease
Now, try this converter now!
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, and Linux
HandBrake is an efficient software for different kinds of video operations. It is an open source video converter that can change video resolution quickly. With a user-friendly interface, it follows a few clicks and obeys the commands instantly.
You can upload videos of crazily big size, and it would not be a problem changing their resolution for HandBrake. It is free software that supports almost all the popular video and audio formats.
- Resize and crop videos
- Restore old and low-quality videos
- Change video resolution in no time
- Convert between different file formats
- Cannot merge video clips into one video
- Take longer for huge video files
VSDC Free Video Converter is software with an infinite number of happy users. Supporting 100+ input formats and 150+ output formats, it can convert audio and video files. Not only that, but it also lets you edit media with its fantastic editing features.
Working with this software is relatively easy as it shows no ads and unnecessary pop-ups. You can also burn videos to DVD by lowering their resolution. DVD does not support media less than 720 × 480 resolution. So, you can use this Video Converter to increase the video resolution.
- Burn videos to DVD
- Get better visual quality after conversion
- Trim, crop, and resize videos
- Customize bitrate, frame rate, and sample rate
- Some features are complex to use
- Editing tools don't apply to huge videos sometimes
FreeMake Video Converter is reliable and efficient software with unique features. Having this software, you can reduce or increase video resolution quickly. It supports 250+ video formats, including those with 720 HD and 1080 HD.
It has a tidy interface and works super quickly. You can convert an HD video to another format and vice versa. Plus, its results are good as you would notice no blurriness even after lowering the resolution.
- Convert between 500+ formats
- You can use this software on any device with media playback
- Edit videos in different ways
- Burn videos to DVD format
- Updated infrequently
- Slow conversion speed
Compatibility: Windows and Mac
A free and open-source cross-platform multimedia player is VLC Media Player. It is said that once you learn to work with VLC, you will forget about all other video players. Such is the efficiency of this software.
You will need to take some tutorials for changing the video resolution with this player, but VLC will immensely serve you once you learn. You can tweak, edit, and customize audio and video files with this.
- Support almost all audio and video formats
- Create or connect to a live video stream
- It contains all the editing / converting tools you can need
- Free forever
- Untidy interface
- You need to learn from tutorials for some of its features
Compatibility: Windows and Mac
Award-winning software for playing, creating, converting, and editing videos is DivX Software. It has three components: a video player named Div X Player, a video converter called Div Converter, and a DivX Media Server for casting media from your computer device to TV.
Using this software would prove to be a friendly experience for you as it has a tidy interface and many tools and features. You can change a video's resolution easily and fast with DivX.
- Enjoy a 15-day free trial before buying it
- Ad-free software
- Add custom logos, watermarks to your videos
- Create and play videos with subtitle tracks
- Support limited formats
- The free trial doesn't offer all tools
DVDVideo Soft is a simple, easy-to-use, yet efficient software for video conversion and editing. It has a simple interface that even a naïve person using a video converter can use for the first time.
It works online, or you can download it on your Windows. It is not available for Mac. Using this software, you can quickly change the video sample rate and adjust the resolution according to your needs.
- It supports almost all video formats found today
- Intuitive and straightforward interface
- Change video quality to fit your storage space
- Follow three steps only for conversion
- It gets stuck if too many videos are in queue for conversion
- Converted videos may not download sometimes
Online-Convert is a versatile online software with a wide range of tools and features. It can convert audio, video, eBook, document, and image formats. When it comes to video conversion, it is one of the fastest tools available online.
All it needs is a steady internet connection to convert and change a video's resolution. If an interruption in the internet connection occurs, the process goes back to the starting point.
- It supports as many formats as it exists
- Keep your data safe
- Select the video resolution before conversion
- Convert audio, document, and image formats as well
- Conversion fails with a minor internet interruption
- Not applicable for huge video files
An excellent free web app that can convert video files for you quickly is Online Video Converter. You can upload videos of up to 4GB size because this tool does not support bigger than that.
You can change a video format and adjust the video size and resolution as per your device's storage space and other requirements. Unlike other online converters, this tool has no limit on the number of files you can convert in a day.
- Convert between 300+ video formats
- Enjoy unlimited conversions for free
- Your data is automatically deleted from their server
- Get your files converted instantly
- Does not support files larger than 4GB
- Require steady internet connection
We often need to change a video resolution before sharing the video, uploading it, or converting it into other formats. A good video resolution converter can save you a lot of headaches of dealing with videos.
All the tools mentioned above are reliable, fast, easy to use, and versatile. Your selection of one depends on your preferences. Online Video Converter and Online Convert are online converters. While Free Make, Div X Software, VLC, and Hand Brake are offline ones. It is better to select one based on your device compatibility.