- 1. Top 11 Best Free Video Converters Without Watermark or Time Limit Effortlessly
- 2.How to Convert 3GP to MOV on Windows/Mac/Online
- 3.Best 5 MP4 Compressors for Discord That Worth Your Time
- 4.Video to MP3 Conveter: How to Convert Your Videos to& MP3
- 5.4 VOB Joiner | Combine .VOB Files on Windows/Mac/Online
- 6. Top 5 FREE YouTube to WAV Converter Offline & Online
[Free Download] Convert M4A to MP4 on Windows/Mac/Online
Crystal Chen updated on Sep 21, 2022 to Video Converter Tips
M4A stands for MPEG 4 Audio. It is often found in Apple's iTunes Store as the format of song downloads. Most programs support the playback of M4A files, including iTunes, QuickTime, Windows Media Player, etc. Compared with MP3, the M4A file is better in quality and smaller in file size. Also, M4A files sound better than MP3 files when encoded at the same bit rate.
But sometimes, you may want to convert M4A to a video format - MP4. MP4 files are used with multiple stations and video players simultaneously, and they can store video, audio, and suitable amounts of data subtitles. It's a widespread format due to its container format and is used with multiple platforms such as iTunes, etc. Thus, best free video converter is needed.
Quick guide to convert M4A to MP4 on Windows 10:
Step 1. Download and launch EaseUS Video Converter.
Step 2. Choose the "Video Converter" tap from the left menu. Then, drag your M4A file into this software.
Step 3. Click the "Settings" icon from the main interface. Select MP4 as the output format. Meanwhile, you can set the quality, resolution, etc. If you want to start converting your audio files into MP4, download this converter now!
To know how to convert M4A files to MP4 on Windows, Mac, and online in detail, click here>>
- Part 1. How to Convert M4A to MP4 on Windows
- Part 2. How to Convert M4A to MP4 on Mac
- Part 3. How to Convert M4A to MP4 Online
There are many converters available on Windows PC, and the two in this part are both powerful and versatile.
1. Turn M4A into MP4 with EaseUS Video Converter[New]
Due to various reasons, many converters don't support converting audio files to a video format, so you may feel it's not easy to find a competent app. While EaseUS Video Converter can turn an audio file into a video with ease. If you want to upload an M4A file to a platform that only supports video formats, this converter is what you need.
Moreover, this converter offers you the batch conversion function so that you can deal with a significant number of M4A audio clips simultaneously. Also, you can edit the encoder, resolution, frame rate, and bitrate of the video.
- Convert audio to video with ease
- Offer built-in merger and media player
- Speed up conversion to save your time
- Set resolution and bitrate of the video freely
A go-to software for converting audio (M4A) into a video format. Try it and no registration is required!
Steps to Convert M4A to MP4 via EaseUS Video Converter:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Video Converter, and there is a "Video Converter" option you need to choose. Then, click on the "Choose Files" button to import the source audio file.
Step 2. Then, click on the "Settings" button to find the list of optional video formats. Select MP4 as the video format, then select a suitable resolution and video quality.
Step 3. Make sure that you choose an appropriate folder to save the MP4 video. Then, click on the "Convert" button or the "Convert All" button to turn the audio into video. The "Convert" button is for processing one file, while the "Convert All" button is for batch conversion.
Step 4. The converted MP4 video will be found in the "Finished" tab. You can preview it using the built-in media player.
2. Convert to MP4 with EaseUS Video Editor
There are many ways to convert M4A to MP4, but using a free M4A-toMP4 converter is the easiest. My suggestion is EaseUS Video Editor. With this easy-to-use software, you can convert M4A to MP3, AAC, MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, and more. It has many additional highlights:
EaseUS Video Editor
Easy & smart video editing software for beginners
- It only takes a few seconds to complete the conversion
- An audio mixer software allows you to mix music like a pro
- Audio cutting and trimming are also supported
- This software makes video editing a piece of cake
Trusted by TechRadar, Fstopper, etc.
For Mac users, you can convert M4A files to MP4 with VLC or iTunes. As I have mentioned before, both VLC and iTunes support M4A format. You can also switch to MP4 with the help of them.
1. Save M4A as MP4 with iTunes
iTunes is the built-in app on Mac. Without installation, you can easily convert M4A files to MP4 with this software. Apart from conversion, you can also use this software to play audio files without lossless quality.
Convert M4A files to MP4 on Mac, using iTunes:
Step 1. Open the Apple Music app on Mac. In the menu bar, hit "Music" > "Preferences". Click "Files" > "Import Settings".
Step 2. Click the menu next to "Import Using". Set the encoding format as MP4. Then, click "OK".
Step 3. Select the songs in your library that you want to convert.
Step 4. Choose "File" > "Create New Version". Create MP4 Version. The M4A files are turned into MP4 files.
2. Convert M4A to MP4 with VLC media player
The VLC media player is an open source audio to video converter on Windows, Mac, and other operating systems. You can import your audio files like M4A into this software. Then, choose the output format in MP4.
Meanwhile, you can edit the output video file with its presets, like the bitrate, encoder, quality, frame rate, etc.
Convert audio files to MP4, using VLC media player:
Step 1. Download VLC media player. Click "File > Convert/Steam" to open the dialog box.
Step 2. Click "Open media" to import M4A files or drag the media into the software.
Step 3. In the "Choose Profile" section, select "Customize" > "MP4/MOV". Save the new profile.
Step 4. Select a destination and start converting M4A to MP4 on Mac. Then, you have finished the M4A to MP4 conversion.
Do you want to convert an M4A file to MP4 online? If you don't want to download any software, then you can convert M4A files to MP4 online and for free. There are many reasons you need to make this conversion online:
- Convenience - There's no software to download. Just select your file, pick a format to convert to, and away you go.
- Formats - This online tool supports 1200+ file formats, more than any other converter.
- Experience - Successfully convert files since 2006 with millions of happy customers.
Here is a list of steps on converting M4A audio files to MP4 online:
Step 1. Open Zamzar online service. Hit "Add Files" to import the M4A file that you want to convert.
Step 2. Select MP4 as the output format you want to convert your M4A file to. Find it in "Convert To".
Step 3. Click "Convert Now" to convert your M4A file. Then, download and save it on your computer.
This post introduces 4 ways to convert M4A files to MP4. For Windows users, try EaseUS Video Converter. This converter supports batch conversion that can process a lot of files at the same time. And if you want to combine those clips, the built-in merger will be helpful. If you need its help, don't forget to click on this button and download it!
FAQs About M4A to MP4 Conversion
You may have other questions about this conversion. Read these questions and answers one by one to get additional help.
1. Can VLC play M4A files?
The VLC media player is a free, open-source audio and video player and transcoder capable of converting to and from dozens of media formats. Although M4A files are iTunes-specific files, the VLC media player supports playback and conversion to other audio formats like MP3.
2. Can you convert M4A to MP4?
Yes, you can convert M4A to MP4 easily. Let's take EaseUS Video Editor as an example. How to convert audio files to MP4:
1. Launch EaseUS Video Editor. On the main screen, import the source file by either clicking the "Import" option or simply dragging the video to the appropriate area.
2. Add the imported file to the track by clicking "Add to Project", or you can drag the video to the track as you want.
3. Export the source file. Under the "Video" tab, choose MP4 as the desired video file format.
3. Is M4A the same as MP4?
MP4 and M4A are often confused, and the two are quite similar, being both based on the MPEG-4 codec. M4A is a file comprising solely of audio, whereas MP4 contains video. It is a container format that stores video, audio, and subtitle data.
4. What will play M4A files?
Lots of programs support the playback of M4A files, including VLC, iTunes, QuickTime, Windows Media Player (v11 requires the K-Lite Codec Pack), Media Player Classic, Winamp, and very likely some other popular media player applications as well.