- 1.[Tutorial 2022] How to Use a Green Screen in Your Videos
- 2. Top 12 Best Video Enhancer App/Software
- 3.How to Make a Photo Slideshow | Best 10 Free Photo Slideshow Makers
- 4. Best Windows 10 Video Editor Free Download
- 5.12 Top CCTV Video Editing Software on Windows/Mac/Online
- 6.Top 7 GIF Cutter to Cut or Trim a GIF Easily and Quickly
Top 10 YouTube Video Clipper: How to Trim YouTube Videos
Jane Zhou updated on Jan 13, 2022 to Video Editing Tips
YouTube is one of the largest video-sharing platforms where you can watch a lot of amazing videos. Sometimes, you may want to trim and download a part of the YouTube video, but how?
To clip or crop YouTube video effortlessly, you may need a YouTube video clipper. There is a built-in editor for YouTube itself, which helps you trim and crop a video. However, it is too cumbersome to use. Fortunately, there are a large number of video clipper tools you can use on the market. We have tested many YouTube video cutters and choose the best 11 ones to share with you. You need to read the post and find the best one based on your needs.
Ultimate YouTube Video Clipper - EaseUS Video Editor
Before we go ahead, make sure you know the aspect ratio of the video. Most of the videos are shot for 4:3, but using a video from Instagram or Portrait shot, then choose differently. So, here we recommend you a YouTube video editing software - EaseUS Video Editor.
This software provides many video editing tools that can help you trim YouTube videos, reverse YouTube video, add effects in video, convert speech to text, and other more, which can enough to satisfy your editing needs. If you want to know more about this software, why not download this powerful video trimmer to try it yourself?
- Easy to use interface
- It offers free background, transitions, effects, and more
- Support trimming video
- Allow converting video and audio formats with ease
- Available only for Windows
Step by step to trim YouTube video using EaseUS Video Editor:
Step 1. Import the Video
Open EaseUS Video Editor and create a project based on the aspect ratio. Next, drop the YouTube video that you want to trim in the Media section. You should be able to see the thumbnail of each video. It is useful when you have a lot of videos, and you need to pick the right one. If you have confusion, select the video and click on the play button to preview it.
Step 2. Clip or Trim Video
Select the playhead, the blue line, and move it to the place where you need to clip the video. The playhead is usually at the start of the video, and you will need to hover your mouse over it, and then drag it.
Once you are sure that this is the part where you need to split the video, right-click and select "Split". You can also use Ctrl + B to cut it. Repeat this for any number of places and remove parts of the video which are not needed.
Step 3. Crop Video
Coming to the cropping part, right-click on the video and select the Crop option. You can also click on the drop icon, which is shown by a square with a diagonal inside it. It will open another video with a yellow frame on the margins. The margins will have small boxes. You can hold them and drag them to the size of the frame you need.
Once you are sure, click on the play button to preview how the video will look in the cropped frame. Resize if you do not like this until you are sure. Once done, click on the OK button to apply the changes.
Repeat until you are through. Anytime you want to revert the change, use Ctrl + Z to reverse the change.
Step 4. Export Video
The last part is exporting the clipped YouTube video. You can export videos in various formats and for multiple formats. Choose an output format that can play on almost every device. Also, you can also change the quality of the output by changing the resolution here.
Best 10 Free YouTube Clipper
You will learn the top 10 YouTube clipper software for Windows, Mac, and even online and mobile device users in this part. Keep on reading to find the best one for you to cut YouTube videos.
Platform: macOS and iOS only
It's a free YouTube clipper for macOS users, which offers similar features as Movie Editor in Windows. You can quickly trim a YoutTube video to create a trailer or a movie. You can merge multiple YouTube video clips after downloading them into the software.
- Beautiful templates and storyboard to create trailers
- Free backgrounds and transition effects
- It offers all essential tools such as split, cut, crop, filters, and more
- Share projects directly on social media
- It works only on macOS and iOS
Platform: Work on all platforms
If you want to trim multiple YouTube videos and create a mashup, Hashcut is a perfect YouTube video cutter. Add the URL of the video, add to recording after clipping, and then repeat. You can also choose to save the clipped video or the final mashup.
- Chrome extension allows you to clip, annotate, and share videos directly from YouTube
- Add text and stickers, and create instant highlight rules
- Limited in terms of features compared to other tools
- Sign-up is compulsory to create a mashup
- Load very slow when you access clippings and mashups
3. Windows 10 Photos App
Platform: Windows 10 only
Windows system also offers an inbuilt video editor, which can act as a YouTube clipper. Once you drag and drop the downloaded video on the timeline, you get access to all operations.
- Add motion effects, 3D effects, and filters
- It offers operations such as trim, split, and speed changer
- Remove or show black bars
- Free background music
- No predefined templates
- It works only on Windows
Do you like open source video editors? Then you are going to like Avidemux video editor available on Sourceforge. The app offers more features than the Windows Editor, but it is still complex to use. Once the video is imported, you can set starting and ending markers, and then add them to the job queue or save them as new video. You can then export only the clipped part of the video.
- Offer extensive filter control which for Colors, Interlacing, subtitles support, and more
- Audio track configuration allows you to mute part of audio in the video files
- There is no timeline, which means you can only edit one video at a time
- No keyboard shortcut support
Platform: Windows and macOS
It is another open-source and free video editor that comes with some powerful features to edit the videos. The tool supports comprehensive video formats and offers all essential tools such as cut, trim, crop, split and merge video clips quickly. To trim a video, drop it to timeline, right-click, and then select Slice from the menu, and choose to keep both sides, only left or right.
- An excellent number of features required for pro editing of videos
- Open source development
- Cross-platform editing software
- Advanced video editing timeline
- The learning curve to use the software just like iMovie
- Hardware intensive makes results in longer video times
- Changing video effects, once added, is difficult to change. You can then remove it and add it again
Platform: Work on Windows, Linux, and macOS
It is an online video clipper for you to trim and download YouTube videos. You just need to enter the URL of the video and then set the start and end time. You can then preview and download the file. The footage you download will be the clipped part of the whole video.
- You can download as audio, GIF, screenshot, or video
- The tool offers high cropping precision of up to 0.1 seconds
- You can download multiple times by changing the start and end times
- It only works online
- A limited number of export formats
7. Kapwing Video Trimmer
Platform: Work on Windows, Linux, and macOS
Kapwing is another online free YouTube video cropper, which allows you to upload a video or enter a YouTube video URL to trim or cut a video. Once you do so, it will open a video editor to enter the start and end of the video. You can also choose to cut part of the video. Once you are through, download the file and play it on your computer.
Using this program, you also can cut your video online, trim MP4, create a mirror video, and other more. So, you need to create an account that you can free to use this software.
- The advanced editor that allows adding text, images, scenes, audio, subtitles, shapes, and more
- Set exact start and end time
- Combine multiple parts of the video as one
- It is an online tool only
- It offers a limited number of export formats
Platform: Works on Windows, Linux, and macOS
If all you want is to trim parts of the video, and nothing else, Video2Edit is an excellent video clipper. Once you upload the video, set the start and end time of the video. It will remove the rest of the video and convert it into the desired format.
- Support multiple videos
- Can import, and save videos directly to cloud services like Dropbox, and Google Drive
- Enter the time manually at which you need to split the video
- While multiple videos are supported, you cannot add a different timestamp to edit each of them
- Privacy issues
9. We Video
Once you install the software, the video editor can import videos, and then instantly add it to the vertical timeline. To trim the video, tap on it to access trimmer. Here you can set the start and end of the edges. At the same place, you can adjust the audio level and then save it.
- Offer a vertical timeline which makes it possible to add multiple videos
- Support effects, music, and voice over
- Any video you have trimmed earlier can be reedited to change the length
- If you delete a video section from the project, you cannot undo it
Platform: Android and iOS
This video editor for smartphones allows you to add, merge, trim, cut, split, and add effects all from the mobile devices. Trimming any video is straight forward. Once you import it into the app, tap on the scissor icon, and it offers three tools—Trim, Cut, Split— to help you remove parts of videos that are not required. To trim, you need to set the start and end of the video, and then click on the tick mark to save the state.
- Fully featured video editor
- Add music, stickers, filters, effects, and more
- Add multiple videos
- While it is easy to use, and you can add as many vide you like, it gets confusing as you keep adding more effects
- Editing long videos can be tedious
EaseUS Video Editor is an excellent YouTube video trimmer that allows you to crop a YouTube video even it is not yours. You can download the videos, drop them into the editor, and shorten them or add more videos to make an ultimate mix. It is also a lot better than online YouTube video clipper tools as they only reduce the video length. Moreover, with this software, you can add effects, transitions, and many more things.
Besides cropping or clipping a Youtube video, you can also use it to convert a Youtube video to MP3 or other popular formats as you need.