Top 5 Montage Video Maker Software in 2022
Crystal Chen updated on Mar 09, 2022 to Video Editing Tips
Montage is a film editing technique in which a series of short shots are sequenced to condense space, time, and information. The montage is a transliteration of a foreign term originally used in architecture, meaning composition and assembly, which now refers to a film editing technology.
This shooting technique compresses space, time, and information by combining a series of clips (short shots) with different viewpoints. It was first extended to film art, and then gradually used in derivative fields such as visual art.
When you are trying to condense space, time, or information by editing a bunch of small scenes into a bigger picture, you're making a montage video. So, do you want to know how to make a montage video? On this page, you will get your answer.
How to Make A Montage Video on Windows
If you are a Windows user, I will show you three montage video editors on Windows.
EaseUS Video Editor is a fantastic video editing software. This app provides a lot of video editing tools. Using these tools, you can easily create your montage videos or entertaining home movies of any complexity involving various visual and audio effects.
The function in this app that you can add into your montage video, these are:
#1. Video Effects
EaseUS Video Editor provides text, filters, overlays, transitions, overlays, elements, and music functions that you can add to your montage video.
- Text: Create openers, subtitles, end style, title motion, art post, and more. In this function button, you also can edit the text's content, size, color, motion, and style.
- Filters: Have over 40 filters that you can choose. It allows you to change the color of the video and to add more fun to your video.
- Overlays: There are 55+ such overlays that you can add to your video. Such as adding particle effects, the frame on top of the video, and so on.
- Transitions: There are 59+ transitions categorized into push, wipe, and replace, which will make you video perfect.
- Elements: There are over 88+ elements. These elements can be used anywhere in the video.
- Music: Add from over 100+ music categorized into Relaxing, Brisk, Fashion, Sound Effect, and Festival. And you also can import your favorite music then add it to your video.
#2. Basic Editing Tools
At the bottom of the main screen, here list a lot of basic video editing buttons. You can use these tools to edit, crop, slip, zoom-in, speech & text converter, and more operate to edit your montage video.
#3. Export & Share
When you finish editing your montage video, you can directly share on YouTube, Tiktok, Facebook, and other plenty of video platforms. Before you export, this app also supports convert video formats, you can choose a format you need and then export and save it.
Using these editing tools, I'm sure you can make a perfect montage video!
- Support 300+ effects and transitions
- Support to remove watermark
- Support to add music, mosaic to a video
- Support free download
- Only support Windows users
Here list the guidelines for how to use EaseUS Video Editor to create a video:
Step 1. Import Videos and Add to Timeline
Download and launch EaseUS Video Editor, select the aspect ratio. Then you can then drag and drop files into the media section. Next, add the files in the timeline.
Step 2. Add Montage Effect
After you import videos, audios, and photos, you may see a lot of buttons on the left side of the main screen, such as Text, Filters, Overlays, and so on. Choose your needs and add them to your video.
Step 3. Export Video
Click the Export button to save your edit montage gaming video. Here you can select the output format, quality, location, and video cover flexibly as you like.
Movavi Video Editor is an intuitive free editing software with a user-friendly interface. This app provides a lot of video editing tools that you easily use them. If you are a beginner, congratulations, this video software is the best one for you. You can use this app to add text, add transitions effects, add music, add zoom-in function, and other more features to create your video. If you want to make a montage video, you may try these functions:
- Splitting video into segments;
- Adding video clips with animated transitions;
- Adding background music to your video;
- Editing text titles and captions;
- Adding excitement with special effects;
- Speeding up or slow down video segmented;
Using these features, you can make a unique montage video belong to yourself.
- Supports screen resolution up to 4K
- Supports many editing tools
- Modern user interface and easier navigation
- Record video and audio simultaneously
- A bit expensive
- Limited features in the free trial version
The steps to create a montage video:
Step 1. Click Add Media Files to choose the videos, photoshoots, and audio, import them into your timeline.
Step 2. With the help of Movavi Video Editor, you can make your montage video in different ways. For example, you can add filters, add transitions effects, add titles, split videos, and so on.
Step 3. Click the Export button. You can share your movie in any popular format. When you have chosen your desired option, press Start to save your video.
VideoStudio is an excellent video editing software. Using this app provides editing tools, you can add text, add background music, add filters, crop, and edit video. These editing tools can satisfy most of your needs. This software ranks high with its excellent montage templates and effects. With these editing functions and montage templates, whether you are a beginner or not, you can make a perfect montage video.
- Support a wide selection of video-creation tools with a clear and brief interface.
- Support multi-cam editing with HTML5 video page creation.
- Support the stop-motion tool with more than 2000 filters and effects.
- It only supports Windows OS.
The steps for creating a montage video:
Step 1. Select a template you like and pressing Play, then add your media content.
Step 2. Click on the green plus button or drag and drop your media into the panel on the right. You can rearrange the order by dragging your media within the library menu. To customize a title in your video, click marked with a purple bar the Edit Title button. Here you can change the font style and text.
Click on the settings icon to the far right of the screen. You can customize or add music and other background audio tracks here, and select whether to enable pan and zoom to your photos or video.
Step 3. Click the Share Movie button, and you can save to popular formats, upload, and share it online via your website, blog, email, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media sites.
How to Make A Montage Online
Some people may do not like to download or install soma software on their computers. So, in this part, I will introduce you to an online montage video editor.
KAPWING is a free online video editing software. This app provides a lot of video editing functions, such as changing the text color, adding zoom-in function, adding video effects, and other more features, which are enough to satisfy your needs in montage video editing. If you have limited storage space, you can not miss this powerful online video editing app.
- Support editing image and video
- Support adding zoom in/out effect
- Support adding voice to video
- Privacy concerns make it hard to use personal images
- Lack of advanced video editing features
Here the steps of creating a montage video using Kapwing:
Step 1. Upload all of your Photos and Video Clip that you want to combine into a montage.
Step 2. Select a montage video template, rearrange the scenes into the right order. Adjust the size of the montage template. Crop and set the duration of each clip. You also can add music to the montage video. Then insert text, stickers, and titles to make the video montage video perfect.
Step 3. Hit Publish button and Kapwing will process your montage video to Save or share it with your friend
On this page, we learn what a montage is and how to make a montage video. Compare with these video editors, EaseUS Video Editor has more comprehensive video editing functions. If you want to make a montage video, we recommend EaseUS Video Editor as your first choice.