- 1.Top 14 Video to GIF Converter | Make GIF from Video
- 2.Edit Wedding Video Like Pros: Top 5 Wedding Video Editing Software/Apps
- 3.2022 Best Special Effect Video Editors for Beginners, Professionals, and 3D Modeling [7 Picks]
- 4.Free Convert JPG to MP4 Without Losing Quality
- 5.How to Reduce MP4 File Size on Windows/Mac/Online
- 6.Top 10 Free MP4 Cutter to Trim MP4 Video for Free
[Free Download] Top 6 iMovie for Windows 10 Alternatives in 2022
Melissa Lee updated on Mar 11, 2022 to Video Editing Tips
When it comes to a video editor, iMovie is probably the first thing that comes into people's minds. However, it is not for everybody. Since iMovie only works in Apple's products, and you cannot download iMovie for Windows 10, or other versions, so, many people wonder if there are any iMovie for Windows alternatives?
Actually, there are some effective iMovie for PC. In this article, we are glad to share with you the top 6 iMovie alternative for Windows. You can choose the right one according to your needs.
Top 6 iMovie Download for Windows 10
- Top 1. EaseUS Video Editor
- Top 2. Windows Movie Maker
- Top 3. VSDC Video Editor
- Top 4. Shotcut
- Top 5. Adobe Project Rush
- Top 6. VideoPad Video Editor
EaseUS Video Editor is one of the most popular iMovie for PC software worldwide. It supports various media file formats, including MOV, AVI, MP4, FLV, MP3, etc., and that means you can edit almost any video with this program.
Better than iMovie, providing multiple video editing tools, such as trimming, splitting, reversing, merging, mixing, and so on, this software lets you modify your video clips as you like. Additionally, there are tons of special effects you can apply to your video clips, and that will make your videos more attractive.
EaseUS Video Editor
- Offer over 50 visual and transition effects
- Allow adding subtitles files to videos easily
- Enable to cut, rotate, merge, trim, and split video clips
- Change speed while playing media files
- Import and mix music tracks like a pro
To make good use of this product, you may need to follow the steps below.
Step 1. Open EaseUS Video Editor
Download this video editing software and launch it, then, you'll see there are 4:3 and 16:9 modes for your choice. Select the correct mode based on your original video aspect ratio or the websites that your video will be uploaded to.
Step 2. Import Videos
You can import the media that you are going to edit, apply texts/filters/overlays/transitions to the video clips. If you install and run the program for the first time, you can learn how to use the basic editing functions step by step via the prompts.
Step 3. Add to Project
Add video clips to the timeline panel by dragging and dropping from the Media Library. You can also right-click the clips in the "Media" and choose "Add to Project" to load them to the timeline.
Step 4. Edit Videos
Right-click the video and select "Edit".
Then, you can split, trim, speed, rotate, add watermark or enhance video clips.
Step 5. Export Projects
Click "Export" in the Toolbar to export the project. There are four available ways to save the project.
Windows Movie Maker is another alternative for iMovie on Windows devices. It is capable of adding text, transitions, effects, and more. With Windows Movie Maker, you can create and edit your videos with ease. And after making a video, you could post it to media platforms - including YouTube, Facebook, and so on.
- No need to download
- Easy to use
- Offer basic editing tools
- Provide different special effects
VSDC Video Editor is an open-source iMovie alternative for Windows. This software can run perfectly on your PC with little memory. With its help, you can enhance your video by adding stylish titles or applying effects. In addition, you also can use it to crop, cut, accelerate, or slow down your videos with ease.
Most importantly, you can upload your masterpieces to social media platforms like YouTube when you finish your editing.
- Support almost all video and audio formats
- Offer a large set of video effects and transitions
- Work well on outdated PCs
- Support Chroma Key
Shotcut is a free and cross-platform iMovie for pc freeware. It supports hundreds of audio and video formats. In theory, it has almost all the functions you would expect for a video-editing app. Besides, you can customize filters freely.
However, the page outlet is not that clean. this iMovie equivalent for windows may take you some time to find a function you want. If you can accept that, you could download this application.
- Support native timeline editing
- Support for 4K resolution
- 3-way color wheels for color correction and grading
- Easy-to-use cut, copy, and paste operations
Adobe Project Rush is another free iMovie alternative for Windows. It is clean and has no bundle, no watermark. With Adobe Project Rush, you can edit your video files clip by clip. Splitting, trimming, and combining videos are also quick and easy.
If you are interested in this application, you may go to the official website and download this APP.
- Work on desktop, iPhone, iPad, and even Android
- Keep your projects at the cloud
- Add titles, captions, and more into your video in post-production
- Export to any social channel in the right ratio
VideoPad Video Editor is a fast and professional video maker. It has over 50+ visual effects. Besides, it supports various formats of files and is similar to iMovie in the level of precision.
This platform also supports direct upload to YouTube and Facebook. After editing, you could share it with media platforms or save the file to your device. For more advanced editing options, you can go to the paid version.
- Edit and export 3D and 360 video files
- Include over 50 effects and transitions
- Reduce camera shake with video stabilization
- Create videos for DVD, YouTube, and more
FAQs About iMovie Alternative for Windows
There are four questions related to "iMovie for Windows". If you did not find an answer to your question above, you might read the questions below.
1. Is iMovie available for Windows 10?
iMovie is an easy-to-use video maker for Mac users. Unfortunately, APPLE developers have not provided a way to download iMovie on Windows systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
2. Can you get iMovie on a Windows computer?
APPLE hasn't released any Windows version of iMovie and it has not announced any scheduled plan to do so. iMovie is currently and will only be a Mac/iOS exclusive video editing application.
3. What's similar to iMovie for Windows?
There are several applications that are similar to iMovie. EaseUS Video Editor, Windows Movie Maker, Shotcut, Adobe Project Rush, and VideoPad Video Editor are all nearly identical to iMovie in function. Windows users could choose one of them as an iMovie alternative.
4. How do I open an iMovie on Windows?
There is no Windows application that imports iMovie project libraries. But if you simply want to open a video file and edit it as a movie, you may download an iMovie alternative and install it on your device. Then, open and edit the file with this application you downloaded.