- 1.[Free Download] Top 10 Best Free Video Splitter/Cutter 2023
- 2.Best 5 Ways to Turn WAV to MP4 with Image Easily
- 3.How to Color Correct Video with BEST 6 Color Grading Software
- 4.Top 11 MKV Cutter for Windows, Mac, and Online
- 5.How to Add Images to Videos on Windows, Mac, Online
- 6.How to Remove Subtitles from MKV/AVI/MP4 Effortlessly
How to Remove Sound from Video on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and Online
Jane Zhou updated on Mar 15, 2023 | Home > Video Editing Tips
- Using any screen and audio recorder will surely record unwanted sound or surrounding noise. One essential step for postproduction is to mute the video sound.
- Downloaded some online videos for special use. In most cases, we wish to extract audio from video and replace it with our own audio track.
The reasons that request us to delete sound, music or audio from a video file are far beyond we gathered here. The question is, do you know how to remove sound from video utterly for free? Don't bother and think about it as an impossible task to finish. In this article, you can learn how to take out sound from a video of .mp4, .flv, .wmv, .mov, or .avi step by step using the five best sound removal tools for Windows 10/8/7 computer, Mac, Android, and iPhone. You will also find free online audio remover here to mute your video.
#1. How to Remove Sound from Video on Windows 10/8/7
"I have Windows 10. I was able to remove the sound easily with movie maker but now Windows 10 movie maker is none existed. I can't find a way of removing the original sound from the video in the Photo app. I can put a new track over the top of the original, but cannot get rid of the original sound. What other Windows movie maker alternative can help me completely cut out the sound files within the video?
To ensure the best results of muting a video in Windows 10, meanwhile, with convenience and no cost, we select EaseUS Video Editor from several of our shortlisted options for you. No matter it's a YouTube streaming video, Instagram vlog, or some movie clips, you can set out to download EaseUS Video Editor for free and follow the step-by-step guide to make the video silent.
Step 1. Drag and drop your video in EaseUS Video Editor, or use the Import feature to upload the video.
Step 2. Add the video to the timeline. Right-click on the video on the track and select Mute.
Step 3. Click Export and save the muted video.
If you're interested in adding your own music or audio track to the muted video, learn from the below guidelines.
Remove sound with EaseUS sound removal software - Pros
- Ease of use
- One-click mute
- Totally free to use
- Easy to use video speed changer software
- Export the muted video with no watermark
- A wide array of free video editing features like crop, trim, blur face, effects, audio detach, slow/fast motion...
Remove sound with EaseUS sound removal software - Cons
Only available for Windows 10, 8, and 7.
#2. How to Remove Sound from Video on Mac
There are many macOS based audio remover programs that can fully meet our expectations in eliminating video sound. Here, we would like to introduce the default QuickTime player that is competent enough to do this job. You don't have to download software from third parties, nor pay for it (as most Mac video editing tools charge a lot of money).
With QuickTime Player, you can remove audio from a movie so that you're left with a video-only file. You can also choose to keep an audio-only file by removing the video from the movie.
Step 1. On your Macbook or iMac, launch the QuickTime Player application.
Step 2. Import the movie you want to extract its audio.
Step 3. To remove the sound from the movie, choose Edit > Remove Audio. While removing the video from the movie, choose Edit > Remove Video.
Do you prefer professional or higher-leveled video editing software for Mac to remove audio from your video? Go to these two options.
- VLC Media Player: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html (Cross-platform compatible, Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and iOS)
- Adobe Premiere Pro (Pr): https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html?red=a (7-day free trial; $20.99/mo)
#3. How to Remove Sound from Video on Android & iPhone
Though mobile phone users can take full advantage of the recommended EaseUS Windows video editing software and Mac QuickTime Player to remove any background music or sound from the video, a mobile version of audio remover is much more preferred. InShot, as you may have heard of, is exclusively for mobile users to make creative videos! Xiaomi, Huawei, and Vivo are all included.
- Download InShot on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inshot-video-editor/id997362197
- Download InShot on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.camerasideas.instashot
Step 1. Download the Inshot for iOS or Android, depending on your own phone type.
Step 2. Open your video in InShot, and find the option to remove the default background sound from the app. Here, you need to adjust the volume size of Music volume. To totally mute the sound, adjust the music volume to the lowest and click OK.
#4. How to Remove Sound from Video Online
Online software requires no pre-installation, and most of the websites are secured with https. Basically, you don't need to worry about data security. The benefits of using online sound removal software are easy to note. For example:
- Simple drag & drop to upload files
- Some are cloud-based, which allows users to upload or save files from/to the cloud storage
- The majority is free to use, but some are with limits in file size supports or leaving a watermark
To enable a fast and easy way to mute videos online for free, we compared 10+ online video muting software that lets you remove audio from video of all kinds of file formats. Finally, we select Clideo for you. It works not only a video muting program but also video and audio converter.
Clideo video muting software: https://clideo.com/
Step 1. Enter the website you'll clearly see an option asking you to choose a file. You can choose a video file on the local drive and a cloud drive. To upload local files, you can simply drag and drop it here.
Step 2. After choosing the file, Clideo will start automatically removing the sound and muting the video.
Step 3. When the video muting completed, you got three options to choose: Remove watermark, edit result and download. If you don't want a watermark on the muted video, you must sign in via Facebook or Google to remove the watermark and download it from the internet.
FAQs - How to Remove Sound from Video
1. How can I remove background noise from a video for free?
When filming a video on a busy street, blaring sound from ambulance sirens or continuous honking of cars and buses can create an unpleasantly loud noise. It can ruin your shot. It's not just this case but, almost all situations of recording videos, where you will find unwanted sounds that a filmmaker needs to minimize, or better yet, avoid altogether. The guide on how to remove background noise from video free has answered your questions.
2. How do I remove audio from a video for free?
By reading through the article, you should find that all the introduced audio remover software are free to download and you can choose one that suits you the best to remove audio from a video for free. If you're Windows users, there is no doubt that EaseUS Video Editor is the best choice, for which can not only remove unwanted sound from the video but also lets you add your own music or soundtrack to the muted video.
In addition, you can make magic videos of your own with its additional rich-featured video editing capabilities. Don't miss it.