Top 10 Best Handbrake Alternative to Convert Video/Audio Formats
Crystal Chen updated on Mar 09, 2022 to Video Editing Tips
Often, the video you make might only support MP4 format, but you would like to convert it into a more popular video file format like .MOV. The Handbrake software is an excellent tool that can convert any file size and format into whatever you need. However, using the software takes a toll on the system, and the user interface is non-existent.
This post will offer you 10 alternatives to Handbrake to convert video or audio formats into desired ones in an easy way.
Main Content of This Article
Top 1. EaseUS Video Editor
The capability of EaseUS Video Editor to convert any media file to the desired format without harming the quality makes it quite popular. Whether you want to keep your entire video collection in the same format or change it into something more desirable, the versatile EaseUS Video Editor is out there to meet your specific needs.
The tool can selectively convert video to MP3, GIF, MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, or other formats. A built-in capability in EaseUS Video Editor enables users to burn videos to DVD or upload them directly to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites.
- Accessible interface
- Completely free for use
- Allows file size compression for sending files through SMS
- Zero loss in video quality
- Supports all key video formats
- Slow down or speed up videos, as desired
How to convert video/audio formats with EaseUS Video Editor
Top 2. Avidemux
Avidemux makes the freeware a reliable source performing tasks related to encoding, trimming, and filtering processes. It also supports many popular codecs like AVI, MP4, ASF, DVD, MPEG, MKV. You can mark parts of the videos when editing them. When editing multiple videos, add them to the job queue and export them in different formats.
- Powerful scripting capabilities
- Equipped with a GUI (graphical user interface) and command-line interface
- Allows you to improve the quality of playback
- Extra codecs may be needed to work with uncommon media file types
- It supports only a few icons
- Beginners may find the menu somewhat confusing
Compatibility: Linux, BSD, macOS X, and Microsoft Windows
Top 3. VSDC Free Video Editor
The light professional non-linear video editing suite supports convenient export profiles that make the process of converting videos into the desired format a snap. Besides, you can save your creations locally or export them to social media. VSDC Free Video Editor also supports the marker to remember parts of the video.
- Simple and easy-to-understand interface
- All popular video/audio formats and codecs are supported
- Works well even on outdated PCs
- The interface is simple and hence, not intuitive
- Requires a steep learning curve
- Only available on Windows
Top 4. Xilisoft Video Converter
Xilisoft Video Converter is a universal video converter and is equipped with advanced HD video conversion technology. The software is one of the fastest video conversions if you have the right hardware. Xilisoft Video Converter works well with both Windows and macOS.
- Convert 2D movies into 3D
- Supports 5x acceleration with GPU support
- A device-specific delivers maximum performance
- Offers all basic features and special effects
- Most of the useful functions are available only in premium versions
- Conversions are limited to three minutes
- Only external GPU brings you the best experience
Top 5. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter supports over 100 input video formats. So, you can virtually convert your video files into any desired format. Moreover, its downloading and conversion toolkit is quite comprehensive. You can use the free version for performing some odd, unusual video format conversion and for occasionally downloading videos. Any Video converter runs on both Mac and Windows OS.
- Allows downloading videos and music from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion, and more
- Works as a free audio CD ripper and video to audio converter
- Fast burning speed and high output quality
- Records screen at the high video quality
- Converts Video & DVDs & CDs to 200+ formats for various devices
- Steep learning curve
- It can be not very clear for beginners
- Video editing is cumbersome
Compatibility: Windows and macOS
Top 6. Free HD Video Converter Factory
Suppose you are looking for a video converter and editor in one convenient free package, checkout Free HD Video Converter Factory. It readily converts any MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, MPG video to HD, and vice-versa. You can also use it to download online videos from YouTube and 300+ global video websites. It works on Windows 10 and older versions like Windows 8.1/8/7.
- Offers the quickest solution to rip your extensive DVD collection
- Fast, easy, and powerful
- No time limit and no watermark on your output file
- Supports up to 4K conversion
- More than 250+ profiles for device-specific conversion
- Editing tools are very basic
- The interface could have been better
- Compatible with Windows only
- Experiences crashing
Top 7. DivX Software
The free software includes three components to enjoy high-quality video playback—DivX Player, DivX Converter, DivX Media Server. The DivX Converter allows you to quickly convert multiple video file formats to any desired one. It's available on both Windows and Mac Systems.
- Easily converts media files to another format with high quality
- It's also available as an app on Google Play Store and Apple App Store
- Fast conversion rate
- The paid version is cheaper compared to other
- Supports 4k video conversion and editing
- More advanced features are available in the Pro version only
- Comes bundled with other utilities
- The free version has advertisement and offers
- Also includes additional software installation
Top 8. Ultimate Video Converter
Ultimate Video Converter supports a remarkably simple drag-and-drop interface. It readily converts your content to a range of formats suitable for devices, including iOS, Android, Sony PSP, and MP3. Video formats are supported in both Standard and HD resolutions. If you have a lot of videos, you can put them in a folder and convert them all. It only supports the Windows platform.
- Loads of presets for basic users
- Features 'Super-Fast' conversion options
- Many customization options for advanced users
- Offers custom controls that allow users to create configurations
- Supports mass conversion of video files
- Compatible with Windows only
- It only supports video conversion, and an editor will be required.
- Advanced features need an upgrade
Top 9. Wise Video Converter
When you need to convert rare formats like MPG, NSV, OGM, AVM, DAT, F4V, VOB, etc. Wise Video Converter is a good choice to go with. It can also convert video into audio, supporting the conversion of multiple files in one go. It works with Windows 32-bit and 64-bit systems (Win 10/8/7).
- Built-in video player
- Converts a batch of videos with just one click
- Converts all formats of videos for all brands of Cellphones, Pads, and PCs
- Portable version
- Only a few presets with no video effects
- The free version is time-limited
- No video effects
Top 10. VLC Media Player
The free VLC Media Player is a project of the nonprofit organization VideoLAN. The software works well with most formats and codecs. Its smart decoding makes videos run faster. Using it, you can easily swap video types. For example: Convert from AVI to MP4. The freeware works well with Windows and is available on Linus, Android-iOS, and Mac.
- Faster conversion rates
- Easy to use and open-source software
- No advertisement even though it's free
- Playback is smooth regardless of the source of the media being displayed
- Supports a wide range of video formats
- Outdated Interface
- Supports fewer formats
- It takes a while to figure out how you can convert videos
Compatibility: Windows and macOS
There can be numerous reasons you might need a free video converter. So, depending on your needs, select the best alternative. During our rigorous testing, EaseUS Video Editor established itself as the most credible choice. It not only helped us convert videos from Desktop to a different format but grab and save videos from all popular video hosting sites too. Pick it, or others, based on their features and ease of use!