- 1.How to Rotate a YouTube Video with Video Rotating App
- 2.[Free Download] Top 6 iMovie for Windows 10 Alternatives in 2022
- 3.9 Free Ways | How to Combine/Merge Videos into One Easily
- 4.How to Trim Video Windows 10 Easily | Video Trimmer 2022
- 5.The Best Video Filters Software for Windows and Mac 
- 6.How to Play MOV Files on Windows 10/iPhone/Android
How to Add Old Film Effect to Video in EaseUS Video Editor and Premiere Pro
Melissa Lee updated on Mar 11, 2022 to Video Editing Tips
More and more video editors tend to try different video styles. Amid these popular video types, the old film effects have become a trend. Does it awesome to make a vintage film dating back to the 1970s or 1980s?
If you have an interest in such special effects but have no idea about how to add old film effect to a video, you can download a free video editing software - EaseUS Video Editor. For beginners, EaseUS Video Editor can help you add film effect on the video via simple clicks. For professionals, if you are familiar with adjusting the effect layer, the Premiere Pro can provide more specific operations.
In first, let's take a quick look at five vintage effects.
Vintage film effect means how to make your video look like an old film, just like Waterloo Bridge, Gone with the Wind, and more old movies. The filters, overlays, elements, Text, and toning are the standard setting of a nostalgic video.
We introduce these five old film effects on EaseUS Video Editor, and you can get the underlying message about how to add the nostalgic layer to the video.
Greyscale is composed of shades of gray, varying from black at the weakest intensity to white at the strongest. Greyscale don't have film grain but still, shows a vintage film effect on video.
- Old video
You may find some scratches or black lines on the screen. The video also has a flickering effect which is the most classic movie effect.
- RGB noise
RGB noise is a color-adding model that adds red, green, and blue colors in different proportions to produce a wide variety of color light. You can use the RGB noise to create a vintage atmosphere.
- Old Picture
Have you sought and observed old family photographs? Because of long-term storage, your precious pictures may show a mixing color of yellow and brown.
2. Add Overlay to video
Filmmakers often use Film overlays. You can apply this effect to the video for recording special events.
3. Add Element to video
It is a dynamic effect with old-fashioned style, which varies from the static filters. If you edit some travel film or natural-history documentary, then the memory effect saves your time for searching footage.
- Countdown - 03
Many silent films have applied the countdown effect for video's opening.
4. Add Text to Video
- Secret Garden
The special font is fairly popular on YouTube videos and Instagram.
5. Image Editing
You can also set vintage film effect through adjust Contrast, Saturation, Brightness, Tone, Highlight, Shadow, and Background Color.
How to add vintage film effects using EaseUS Video Editor? Let's see the following steps.
Step 1. Import Target Files
Launch EaseUS Video Editor, select a desired aspect ratio on the main screen: 9:16, 16:9, or 4:3.
Import target files like GoPro shots, game screenshots, photos, music, etc. by clicking "Import" or dragging it into EaseUS Video Editor.
Step 2. Add Files to Projects
Right-click on the imported files one by one and select "Add to project".
Step 3. Add Effects and Edit Video
EaseUS Video Editor contains many visual effects, such as Text templets, Filters, Overlays, Transitions, Animation Elements, and Background Music, etc. to help you create a magic video.
To add them, you need to download these effects in advance. Then select video project, right-click downloaded effects and select "Add to Project".
- Text: You can input and add words to your video as Opener, Title, Subtitle.
- Filter: Beautify your videos with up to 49 filters.
- Overlay: Personalize your video with over 30 frames.
- Transitions: Add visual effect to your video between clips, transiting naturally.
- Elements: Add animated elements to video, making it more interesting.
- Music: Over 100 background music templates, satisfy your diversified needs.
You may use the timeline and drag them to re-place them to the desired position. Timeline with the tool menu can help you edit, split, delete, crop, zoom, freeze frame, set duration, record voice over, convert speech to text, or vice versa in a video.
Step 4. Export Video
When you finish editing the video, click "Export" on the top menu bar, select the desired format for your video, rename it, browse a safe location and click "Export" to save it on your PC.
Adobe Premiere Pro is the most popular non-linear video editing software in the world. Premiere provides a complete set of processes for capturing, editing, grading, beautifying audio, adding subtitles, outputting, DVD burning, and efficient integration with other Adobe software.
- System requirement: Premiere Pro is available on both Windows and Mac OS.
Step by step guide for old film effect tutorial
1. Project Panel > New Item > Adjustment Layer > OK
2. Effects Panel > Search wave wrap/ noise/ gaussian blur/ crop > drag each effects to video track
3. In the Effects Control Panel, you can set the contrast and more.
4. Choose video > directly drag the video to another track for a copy.
You may wonder: Why do uses need to copy files? Because of the use of copy videos to two or three tracks, it is easy to manage video clip and add special effects.
5. In Effect Panel > Search RGB > drag RGB effect on video > Effect Control Panel
- Premiere Pro: Old Film Effect Tutorial
- Created by: Adobe in a Minute
Every video editor is an art creator who often ponders how to create an awesome video. To give a hand for such creative enthusiasm, we recommend EaseUS Video Editor for beginners. And this video editor is designed for Windows users. If you are a professional video editor, we also introduce how to add vintage effects on Premiere Pro, which is available on Windows and Mac users.