- 1.Top 7 Best Free MOV to MP3 Converter in 2022
- 2.Free Download | Convert MKV to WAV on Windows/Mac/Online
- 3. How to Convert TS to MKV in Simple 3 Steps
- 4.How to Convert MOV to MPEG Without Quality Loss
- 5.How to Convert Windows Movie Maker to MP4
- 6.2022 | Easily Convert HEVC to MP4 on Windows/Mac/Online
How to Reduce Video File Size in All Proven Ways
Myra updated on Oct 28, 2022 to Video Converter Tips
Transferring and sharing large-format videos through the Internet, email, and other means becomes problematic. You must minimize video size using simple methods or professional solutions in such cases.
- Why Do You Need to Reduce Video File Size
- Method 1:Make a Video File Smaller with VLC
- Method 2: Compress a Video with Movavi Video Converter
- Method 3: Reduce a Video File Size with Handbrake
- Method 4: Reduce the Size of a Video with QuickTime
- Method 5: Decrease a Video File Size Online with Clide
- Recommend: EaseUS Video Converter
Compression allows you to save money by reducing the amount of memory resources required to save videos. It also allows you to reduce the bandwidth that is required to transfer videos, resulting in a better user experience when accessing media.
There are prevalent methods for reducing video size without compromising quality. The first step is to shorten your video. You can lower the file size by trimming footage from the beginning or end.
The second approach is to remove the audio from your video. Most videos will benefit from audio and background music, but if it's not necessary, you can delete it.
The third approach is to reduce size through compression. The technique of lowering the total number of bits required to represent a specific image or video sequence is known as video compression. Most video compression is done by a computer that uses a certain algorithm or formula to determine the best approach to reduce the amount of data.
Choose a free file up to 500 MB from any of your devices: Android, iPhone, Mac, or Windows. Compile the file. Wait a few seconds while the utility configures the required video settings. You are all good.
This article is all about How to Reduce Video File Size in All Proven Ways
Let's get started!
VLC Media Player is a powerful player that can not only play audio and video but also resize, trim, and convert them. However, few people are aware of VLC's video compressing capabilities.
It's a good idea to convert video to smaller formats, such as FLV, WMV, and so on, because some codecs, such as MKV and AVI, take up too much space.
You'll be happy to know that VLC allows you to convert video/audio files without the need for additional software and to cut video size to some amount. The entire lesson on how VLC transforms videos is provided below.
- Download, install and launch the VLC Media Player.
- Go to the Menu
- Pick Media > Convert/Save, select the video you want, and click Add > Convert/Save when finished.
- Launch VLC video compression by pressing the Start button.
- You are good now
Movavi Video Converter is the best-selling product, noted for its support for a wide range of media formats and mobile devices, high-quality file encoding, and fast processing.
Convert between over 180 formats, including DVD and HD video, including AVI, MP4, FLV, MKV, MOV, WMV, 3GP, and many more.
Follow these simple steps to compress an MP4 file with Movavi Converter:
- Install and run Movavi Video Converter.
- Insert files into the software.
- Select an output format and file size.
- Video is compressed
HandBrake is a free and open-source digital video transcoder that is available for Linux, macOS, and Windows.
It can convert video from almost any format, such as.wmv (Windows Media Video File),.avi (Audio Video Interleave File),.m4v,.mov, and so on.
In the following section, we'll show you how to use HandBrake to compress video files step by step.
Step 1: Import the source videos into HandBrake Video Compressor
Navigate to the "Converter" module in WonderFox Video Compressor on your Windows PC. To load several videos for batch compression, click the Add Files button in the upper left corner.
Step 2: Reduce Video Size
To alter the compression ratio, click the bottom compression button and move the slider. As you move the slider, you can see the predicted output file size fluctuates.
Remember, the higher the compression ratio, the smaller the file size and the lower the output quality. As a result, you should strike a balance between quality and size. The app also provides more methods for downsizing videos:
- Trim the video to remove extraneous segments
- Use advanced encoders, such as converting H264 to H265 or changing video to VP9
- Reduce video resolution
- Reduce the video bitrate
- Reduce the frame rate.
Step 3: Complete the Video Compression Procedure
Now, click the triangle icon to specify the location of the output file. Finally, tap the blue Run button to begin the video compression process.
Apple's default media player-QuickTime contains many excellent choices for compressing your films. The sole disadvantage is that it cannot be used on other operating systems.
- Launch the software from your Applications folder and select File > Open File to load your video to reduce the size of a video in QuickTime.
- To begin shrinking your video, go to File > Export As. Unfortunately, QuickTime does not provide you with as many options as other programs. There are options for 4k (if applicable), 1080p, 720p, and 480p.
- Export your file in 720p or 480p (assuming you recorded in 1080). It should be smaller than it was when you began.
Open Clideo's video compressor in any browser and import a video. As previously stated, it is a service, not software, so ensure that your Internet connection is fast and stable.
To submit a recording from your device, click the "Choose file" option. You can also move your video by dragging it. Another method is to use the same button's drop-down menu to import a movie from Google Drive or Dropbox.
- It will be processed immediately when you upload a file to the tool. Be patient; depending on your video, it may take some time.
- Examine and save the outcome
- You'll be taken to the last screen, which will display the compressed video. The compression rate and the old and new file sizes are displayed above the player.
- If you don't want a watermark on your movie, simply upgrade to Clideo Pro.
- When satisfied with the outcome, save it to your smartphone or cloud storage account.
EaseUS Video Converter is a Professional A 4K video converter that converts video or audio files to 1000+ formats at 30X faster speed and is now available.
EaseUS Video Converter Professional A 4K video converter that converts video or audio files to 1000+ formats at 30X faster speed is now available.
This media converter's powerful conversion engine allows you to convert multiple video/audio files in batches with 1:1 or more excellent quality.
Converting Video to MP4 on Windows using EaseUS Video Converter
- First, open EaseUS Video Converter on your computer.
- Select the "Video Converter" option.
- Select the video to convert by clicking the "Choose Files" button.
- Select output format as MP4 and a location for the converted video.
- To begin the conversion, click "Convert"
So there you have it, five incredibly simple strategies for compressing your videos. You may now easily compress, email, or share your films without losing anything in translation!
Please share this post with your friends and family members if you find it useful.
Maybe you're much more engaged, so we provide several relative Q&A for you:
1. How Do I Reduce the MB Size of a Video Without Losing Quality?
You can quickly reduce the size of a video if you know how to lower its quality, but you don't necessarily have to compromise the quality of your films to reduce their size. Some tools dramatically reduce the size of your films without sacrificing quality. This is what the strategies listed above assist you in accomplishing on your devices.
2. How Do I Reduce an MP4 File Size?
Here is the easiest guide for you!
- Put all of your videos in one folder on your computer to compress them.
- Open the folder, choose the films you wish to compress, right-click on any of them, and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Windows will build a new archive in the same folder as your films.
3. How Can I Resize a Large Video Size?
- Choose a video.
- Choose a file to resize from your Mac or Windows PC, iPhone or Android phone, Google Drive, or Dropbox account.
- Your video file should be resized. When the editor opens, choose the appropriate preset or enter custom dimensions.