Top 6 MP4 Converter Free Download [2022 List]
Jane Zhou updated on Mar 18, 2022 to Video Converter Tips
If you are in a situation where you need to convert a large number of videos to MP4 or convert back, you have come to the right place. Here, you will find the best MP4 converter for free download that you can use for your conversion tasks.
No matter you want to convert a single one or multiple files at once, those free download MP4 converting software listed here will always meet your needs. So, stick here to find the right one based on your needs.
1. EaseUS Video Converter
Using EaseUS Video Converter is the ideal choice for newcomers as well as experienced users, while speaking of converting to or from MP4 files. The primary function of the software is the conversion of files and formats. It is not as old as the other software on this list. Yet, this software has settled among the best video or audio to MP4 converters with a clean and straightforward interface.
With this converter, it is also possible to convert MP3 to MP4 or many other video formats, and vice versa, which you can then upload to social media. Plus, it is possible to merge different video or audio files into a single file. All things considered, this is an excellent choice when looking for a converter.
- Very fast at doing conversions
- Allow changing the output file's frame rate, resolution, etc. if needed
- Support over 1000 media formats
- Support converting files in bulk
- Convert audio to video to share on social media platforms
- Some features are only available in the paid version
2. Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter is a desktop MP4 video converter, and it accepts more than 300 formats as input and converts files to more than 500 formats. Thus, converting to or from MP4 is just a piece of cake for this program.
In addition to converting media clips, the application has a built-in video editor and a DVD and Blu-ray burner, which can extract multimedia files, usually audio and video, from their optical storage, making the program very versatile and unique.
- Convert MP4 to over 500 video formats
- Straightforward interface
- Completely free to use
- It doesn't have advanced conversion tools
3. EaseUS Video Editor
EaseUS Video Editor is primarily a third-party advanced video editing software with an additional function to export source videos to MP4 format. The software was designed to maintain the original video resolution, quality, sound, images, and all essential components of any video during editing.
Likewise, it was intended as a standalone program instead of a free online video editor/converter to avoid constant pop-up ads and protect video from virus damage. This software is packed with various inspiring effects to make your videos stand out in terms of video editing. Also, you can use it to quickly convert MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, other video files, and images to other formats.
EaseUS Video Editor
Easy & smart video editing software for beginners
- Import and mix music and video files according to your needs
- Support importing or exporting many common audio and video formats
- Adjust the output file's parameters
- Completely free for file conversion
Trusted by TechRadar, Fstopper, etc.
Compatibility: Windows, macOS, and Linux
Handbrake is an open source video converter that allows you to convert MP4 files to different file formats. It is open-source software that is free to use and widely accepted by many users.
You can change the footage's frame rate during conversion and even define the screen size manually by entering your preferred values in the corresponding fields. Also, it is possible to batch scan and queue video codes.
- A simple and fast video converter
- It has a batch conversion feature
- Open source and completely free
- Run perfectly on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- This software doesn't support audio format conversion
5. VLC Media Player
Compatibility: Windows, macOS, and Linux
VLC is a free and open-source cross-platform media player that plays multimedia files. Many people are used to treating it simply as a free video player. However, more than that, it can also convert videos.
The best thing about this software is not only the ability to convert a video to or from MP4, but it is also compatible with Windows, Mac, and other operating systems. Likewise, you can use VLC to download videos from social media like YouTube. You also have access to advanced features thanks to add-ons and extensions.
- A versatile media player and converter
- Convert MP4 to other video formats in seconds
- It is compatible across several platforms like Windows and Mac
- It is not a specialized video converter
6. QuickTime Player
QuickTime can process various formats of digital video, image, and audio file types. It is included with macOS, so there is no need to install it on a Mac.
This inbuilt MP4 converter has a simple and easy-to-use user interface. Also, the resolution and quality of the files during the conversion are appropriately maintained. Also, this freeware lets you reduce the video quality from 4K to any rate that you want and even modify the metadata of your MP4 files.
- Built-in in Mac computers, so it is very compatible with iOS devices
- Do fast MP4 conversions to other common file formats
- It is a great video player for Mac
- It lacks advanced video editing and converting tools
We have brought you the best list of video converters to and from MP4. You can choose any of these converters to meet your converting needs.
With this in mind, if you want a sophisticated and simple tool that meets your conversion needs at the fastest speed and without loss of quality, you might want to use EaseUS Video Converter. This is a 100% professional video converter that recently had a complete makeover. and gives you a complete set of tools yet is convenient and easy to use for media files conversion.