- 1. Best 13 Video to Audio Converters
- 2.How to Compress WAV Files Easily and Quickly
- 3.How to Convert M4V to MKV on Windows/Mac/Online
- 4.[Download] Convert RM to MP4 on Windows/Mac/Online 2023
- 5.[2023 Updated] 7 Best YouTube to FLV Converters on Windows/Mac/Online
- 6.How to Convert iTunes to MP3 for Free
2023 | Convert AMR to WAV on Windows 10/Mac/Online
Sofia Albert updated on Mar 15, 2023 | Home > Video Converter Tips
The AMR file extension is not versatile. It prevents users from accessing critical data from the file and stands for adaptive multi-rare. This can be used for short audio recording but not for music storage. In this situation, people need a popular digital audio format like WAV. Being not compressed when encoded, the WAV file offers you better sound effects.
Here, you learn how to convert AMR to WAV on Windows 10, Mac, and Online with a respective step-by-step tutorial.
Related Article: >> Convert M4A to WAV
How to Convert AMR to WAV on Windows 10
Two recommended tools are introduced in this part. Choose the suitable one you like.
Tool 1. EaseUS Video Converter
Supporting 1000+ formats, this Windows converting software can help you convert AMR files easily. To save time, you can apply its batch converting function to deal with more than one AMR file.
Also, it's beneficial to convert AMR to formats like MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, M4R, etc. At the same time, you can manage AMR files such as merging them into one file. Without losing quality, you can get a converted WAV file effectively.
- Batch converting function to handle more than one media file
- 30X faster conversion speed to optimize the process
- Convert 1000+ formats effectively
- Extract the selected audio from a video file
- Effectively play the audio file before/after conversion
Now, try this tool! In the trial version, you don't have to register an account.
Convert AMR to WAV on Windows 10, using this tool:
Step 1. Launch this software and click "Audio Converter" on the main interface. Next, hit "Choose Files" to import audio files.
Step 2. Hit the gear icon once the audio is imported. In "More Options" window, hit "Audio" > "WAV".
Step 3. Finally, choose "Convert All" at the bottom to start it. Once done, find your converted files in the "Finished" tab.
Tool 2. Xmedia Recode
Xmedia Recode is a free and open-source media transcoding program for Windows. It can convert between almost all popular audio and video formats. You can change the unprotected DVDs into regular formats.
Also, it supports hardware-accelerated conversions. Besides converting, it allows you to add subtitles to the video, change bitrate and other audio settings, and even edit the media files.
- Export formats like WMV, MP4, MP3, etc.
- All-in-one video and audio converter
- Basic video editing features
- Not supporting professional editing tools
- Not intuitive for beginners
Here is a list of steps on how to convert AMR file to WAV on Windows 10:
Step 1. Firstly, launch this program on your PC.
Step 2. Click "Open File". Browse and locate the AMR file, and then click "Open".
Step 3. Under "Format" and "File Extension" tabs, you select "WAV" as the output format.
Step 4. Then, choose the Destination Folder of the converted file. Click Add to Queue > Encode. Finally, you can get the converted WAV from this tool.
How to Convert AMR to WAV on Mac
Switch Audio Converter is a simple, efficient, and fast software for converting audio files at a reasonable price. It has a primary interface that makes it look limited, and it's a quick and reliable program for converting files.
Moreover, it offers many tools to improve the converted file, like changing its bitrate to retrieve the audio quality, etc. You can record live streaming audio on different platforms like Shopify when using this tool. It supports 20+ output formats. Below is a guide to help you convert media files easily.
- Automatically normalize audio level while converting
- Simple interface for beginners
- Quickest converter even for most extensive files
- The free version is available for non-commercial use
- A limited number of output formats
Convert AMR file to WAV on Mac, using Switch Audio Converter:
Step 1. Download this tool. Click "Add File(s)". Select the AMR file and click Open. Or you drag and drop the file into this tool.
Step 2. Click Save to Folder > Browse > Select Folder and choose the destination of the output file.
Step 3. Press the Arrow button on the main toolbar and select WAV from the output formats.
Step 4. Click "Convert" and get your WAV file.
How to Convert AMR to WAV Online
ConvertFiles is a great tool for audio file conversion. Despite AMR to WAV, it can convert many other formats. This online tool is reliable for data safety and fast works. You can upload the AMR file and set the output format. Then get it converted quickly and easily.
It also allows you to sync with your email to mail files directly from the tool. However, it might become problematic with a slow Internet connection. Your Wi-Fi must be steady enough to support the conversion process throughout.
- Get the converted file mailed
- Enjoy the free conversion
- Little Internet interruption can fail the conversion
- Cannot convert huge files
- Limited editing tools
How to convert AMR file to WAV with this online converter:
Step 1. Open the ConvertFiles and look for AMR to WAV converting function online.
Step 2. Click "Browse" and open the AMR file.
Step 3. Choose "WAV" in Output Format and click "Convert". Then, you get the WAV file.
Due to file quality, less compatibility, and data retention. The WAV file is an uncompressed audio format that contains data and has better sound quality. The software mentioned above with how-to guides can help convert AMR file to WAV on Windows, Mac, and Online. For Windows users, try EaseUS Video Converter.
FAQs About How to Convert AMR to WAV
Here is a list of questions gathered from the public. Look at them if you want to know more information.
1. How do I convert the AMR file to WAV on Mac?
Get a reliable AMR to WAV Converter for Mac. The recommendation is Switch Audio Converter.
1. Download and install it.
2. Open the program. Click Add Files and open the AMR file.
3. Select the destination location of the converted file by clicking on Add to Folder.
4. Click the Arrow button on the main toolbar, and choose WAV from the drop-down menu.
5. Finally, you choose the Convert button.
2. How do I open an AMR file?
Many programs can allow you to play an AMR file. VLC Media Player is the best one. You must have this software downloaded and installed on your device to play media on it. Right-click the file and open it with the VLC Media Player.
3. What file format is the AMR file?
AMR is an audio compression format. It mainly plays on devices with the 3G Network. Moreover, it is designed to compress audio to fit in a broader frequency range and offers better sound quality.